October 29th, 2014
Sarah is a copywriter at Secret Weapon in Los Angeles. Since her last post on MC (11.29.12), she’s moved from Austin to L.A., joined Secret Weapon, moved her portfolio site to dunked, and added a whole bunch of hilarious Jack In The Box work. Update!
October 27th, 2014
Dana is copywriter at Grey NY. Since her last post on MC (04.20.12) she’s added a bunch of cool work for Canon, including a funny and so-true campaign for Canon PIXMA Printers, “Never again.” Also, check out her spots for Hunt’s Tomatoes featuring the above college student from MC’s alma mater, Oregon. Or, is that Oregor? Ha-ha!
October 23rd, 2014
Nick is a copywriter in Portland. Since his last post on MC (04.27.12), he’s got a new WordPress site and a bunch of new projects up on it—including a beautiful site for Nike Better World (from water bottles to performance gear, who knew?). Time for an update!
October 21st, 2014
Wells Fargo is on the hunt for two mid-level copywriters (3+ years experience) to join their in-house Enterprise Creative Group in either the Bay Area or Charlotte (your choice). From Wells Fargo: “We need brave thinkers. We’re Enterprise Creative Group, the largest, internal creative resource at Wells Fargo. And we’re breaking new ground. Join us as a risk-taking Copywriter, a creative powerhouse who can execute past ‘tried-and-true,’ and into exciting, new territory.
- CW POSITION #1: You’ll be working on a wide variety of advertising — from videos and interactive microsites, to special promotions and integrated marketing campaigns.
- CW POSITION #2: You’ll be working on projects for our Consumer Credit Solutions business group to promote Wells Fargo credit cards, personal lines and loans, and other credit products.
For CW Position #1 info/to apply: Click here, then “Search Jobs,” then Job Opening ID: 5049539
For CW Position #2 info/to apply: Click here, then “Search Jobs,” then Job Opening ID: 5049530
October 20th, 2014
Mario is a copywriter/director/editor/creative hybrid at BBH’s The Barn (internship program) in NYC. Don’t miss his genius Adopt A Puppy project on … Tinder (above). Love it.
October 16th, 2014
Since Rick’s last post on MC during Creative Circus Week Fall 2012, he’s landed a gig at McKinney, done killer work for clients like Travelocity, Gold’s Gym, Samsung, and Sherwin-Williams, and collected a bucketload of awards. Time for an update!
October 14th, 2014
Mike is a copywriter at mcgarrybowen in NYC. His About Me page is awesome and hilarious. (Click on the secret baby to see his stuff from portfolio school.) Don’t miss his Motorola Electrify X campaign, Shedding Its Excess, specifically the third video featuring a … cat video … DING. Winner! Plus, it’s a fat cat. Stuck in a door. So good.
October 10th, 2014
Chad Brophy, copywriter/ACD at Tattoo Projects in Charlotte, NC, is on the hunt for a copywriter with social media skills. From Chad: “Tattoo Projects wants a copywriter that geeks out writing for social media. Not a social media enthusiast that thinks they can write. We know that sounds a touch pretentious, but it’s an important difference. If you’re a copywriter nodding your head in agreement, please keep reading.
We want a twisted sense of humor that can also stay organized.
We want someone who can write in multiple brand voices without inserting theirs.
We want a writer who can manipulate trends and current events to our brands’ advantage, not just regurgitate memes.
We want a writer who understands the career and portfolio value of writing for National, Super Regional, and Start-Up accounts.
We want a writer who will gleefully throw down on print, ambient, and television projects.
- Minimum 1-year agency experience.
- A portfolio that shows you get it, bonus points if it evokes jealousy.
- A working knowledge of social media management tools.
About Tattoo Projects:
We are a creative agency that leaves indelible impressions.
We are forward-looking-advertising-fanatics with an in-house photography studio, a postproduction department, and a Small Agency of the Year award.
We work on National, Super Regional, and Start-Up clients.
We overuse the word “we”.
100% paid health and dental.
Free downtown parking.
Send portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit tattooprojects.com
October 9th, 2014
Creative Circus tweeted MC the link (below) to 12 graduating copywriter portfolio sites. Always great to see the awesome talent coming out of Circus—and love that they now show where students are landing. Congrats to all of the grads, big ups!
October 7th, 2014
Laura Bennett, Talent Scout at Saatchi & Saatchi X, is on the hunt for a copywriter for their Cincinnati, OH office. From Laura, “Saatchi & Saatchi X is a global leader in shopper marketing, revered as the hothouse for world-changing ideas and brand experiences. Through a passion for ideas, strategic in-store communications and a deep understanding of shoppers’ motivations, we create unique shopping experiences that improve shopper’s lives and leverage every product story. Saatchi & Saatchi X is part of the Publicis Groupe network, the world’s fourth-largest advertising agency holding company.
You will be working closely with the creative director, art directors and other writers to conceive, articulate, and create concepts and shopper marketing ideas. This includes experiential retail campaigns, QSR and retail product launches, franchise marketing campaigns, online, interactive, mobile and e-mail marketing campaigns, viral and all other shopper marketing initiatives and developing short and long form copy solutions.
If you believe:
- you can work with and sometimes lead a collaborative team that includes account planners, art directors, designers, producers from all sort of disciplines
- you are capable of solving shopper communication challenges with ideas that gets us more awards than we have already
- you have an outstanding portfolio that your granny fell in love with
- you can lead brainstorming sessions about why trolls gets angry after supper
- you can collaborate with creative team members to come up with conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives for tomorrow’s pitch
- you can ensure copy tone and style are consistent with product identity even if you hate the product
- you can translate “This-Is-All-I-got” client briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts without drinking too much coffee
- you can convince your CD that you have 6+ years’ experience as an advertising writer
- you can work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands without going to the restroom every half an hour
- you can handle the openness of everyone’s criticism here and still keep your sanity with a good heart
To apply or learn more, email Laura at: email@example.com
October 6th, 2014
Britton is a new copywriter in NYC after graduating from Adhouse. He’s got nine student projects in his portfolio for brands like Puma, Canada, and Virgin Mobile. What’s more fun than looking through a school portfolio and seeing what someone chose to do, for whom, when they could do anything for anyone? Nothing. Nothing’s more fun. Good luck to Britton, can’t wait to see where he lands!
October 2nd, 2014
Finishing up MC Updates Week with Howard Hill, a senior freelance copywriter in Los Angeles. Since his last post on MC (03.12.13), Howard’s added some new work to his site including a new brand campaign for LifeLock and some Sony Xperia digital work. Update time!