June 25th, 2015
Mitchell is a surfer/director/new copywriter in Los Angeles. He’s got a super cool/interesting portfolio of spec and produced work for Taster’s Choice (above), Diamond Matches, Carhartt, Critic’s Choice, and the city of Los Angeles. Good times.
June 24th, 2015
Dani is a freelance copywriter in Seattle, previously at Hornall Anderson Design Works. She’s got a cool variety of projects in her portfolio, including packaging for Lay’s Wavy Potato Chips, Emerald & Spruce Ice Cream, and Stark Raving Pizza (above). So hungry now.
June 22nd, 2015
Wells Fargo is on the hunt for a Creative Director to join their in-house Enterprise Creative Group in either the Bay Area or Charlotte (your choice). From Wells Fargo: “As we continue to build upon the successful evolution of Wells Fargo’s internal agency, we need an enthusiastic, passionate creative leader with a skilled eye for the work to lead and motivate the team of 50+ creative professionals. In terms of scope, we develop and produce over 3,000 deliverables per year.
Some of the foremost qualities and experience that we seek in a candidate for this role include:
- Be an Integrated Thinker – fully versed at leading Business, Strategy, Design and Development
- Be a Maker – Consumer – live in the space and infuse energy through intimate understanding and building followership
- Be Solution Neutral – prioritize purposeful experiences over specific platforms and processes
- Oversee creative direction for Wells Fargo clients’ initiatives.
- Participate and lead creative strategies that help solve business challenges.
- Work and communicate effectively with creative and digital teams you supervise to enhance the creative effectiveness of creative solutions for direct mail, e-mail, and web.
- Ensure work is customer focused, on brand and meets business objectives.
- Partner with Enterprise Marketing organization to execute and adhere to the Wells Fargo brand standards.
- Work collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
- Lead from the Front: supervise, manage and grow co-located creative team.”
For more info or to apply contact Wells Fargo Executive Recruiter Karen May at 704-715-5136 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 21st, 2015
Who’s ready to write this summer?!?! From Conover Tuttle Pace in Boston: “Are you looking for a chance to work alongside senior creatives writing campaigns and potentially seeing your work get produced? Our copywriting internship gives you an amazing opportunity to build a book and learn a lot about our business. Oh, and it pays.
The CTP internship program educates participants in all aspects of our industry. Through observation and practical experience, interns will act as integral members of the project planning process from the concepting stages to creation and execution.
Please be sure to include sample work or a link to your online portfolio as part of your application.”
To learn more and apply: Click here
From Phear Creative in NYC: “Our copywriter intern will learn through hands-on experience by working on all of our active initiatives at the agency. You won’t be grabbing coffee. Instead, you’ll be a contributing member of a larger team.
Some highlights of our internship program are:
- 360 Agency Education: Weekly lunch sessions led by senior leaders from every agency department
- Mentorship: Each intern will be assigned a mentor that can help give them a broader perspective & answer any questions they have during the program
- Intern Project: A creative cumulative assignment that will combine all the skills and learnings gained through the internship program
If you were here right now, you’d be working on an episodic TV series starring a famous New York City chef, a fully blown-out social media plan and series of 6 documentaries for a well-known spirits brand, the launch and development of a spirits brand of our own, a pro-bono initiative to clean the water of New York Harbor and Long Island Sound, and a new album launch for one of the biggest rock bands in the world. And that’s just this week.
- Duration: 6 weeks (Monday, July 6th – Friday, August 14th)
- Part-time paid internship (3 days/week: Tuesday – Thursday)
Qualified applicants may be rising juniors or rising seniors, or may have graduated in 2014 or 2015. Creatives MUST include a portfolio link within their resume.”
To learn more and apply email: email@example.com
June 20th, 2015
Keith is a freelance copywriter/ACD in NYC. He’s got a crazy mix of projects in his portfolio, including the above National Geographic-inspired video for DSW. Which is exactly how MC feel shopping for kicks there. (Nailed it.) He’s also included a page for his Quarter-Career Gap Year, which is just a brilliant idea for all writers. Love it.
June 18th, 2015
Carrie Herron, Recruiting Lead at Medianbrands Publishing in NYC, is on the hunt for a copywriter. From Carrie: “Mediabrands Publishing helps brands define, redefine and cultivate their own media channels with big, fresh creative ideas and executions. We are a social content agency. Meaning we specialize in content and experiences that are designed to be shared. That can take many forms, from long form or episodic films to stunts and events to the day to day posts on a brand’s social channels. Mediabrands Publishing has creative, production, social media and content experts around the world and works with dozens of Fortune 100 companies.
The copywriter will be partnered with a designer/art director and will work on a specific account (or accounts).
- First and foremost – big, creative ideas.
- Help concept creative platforms for brands’ always–on content strategies
- Write daily content that delivers on a platform level idea
- Contribute compelling on-brand concepts and copy for:
- Online and social video content
- Sites and mobile apps
- The next new thing
- Work with account, strategy and production to deliver content in line with editorial calendars
- Contribute ideas and copy to new business pitches
- Contribute copy for our own sites and social feeds
- Keep abreast of client and category objectives, trends, competitive advertising
- Push and help evolve Mediabrands Publishing to remain innovative and forward-thinking
- A robust portfolio of work for a broad range of clients
- A track record of creating ground-breaking work in digital, social and experiential channels
- A desire to set new trends and work in new media channels
- Comfortable not making TV spots or print ads
To apply: Click here
For questions, contact Carrie at: firstname.lastname@example.org
June 16th, 2015
Alex Trevisan, copywriter/ACD at A Big Idea Group in Charlotte, is on the hunt for a junior copywriter. From Alex: “So you’re fresh out of school with the beginnings of a killer portfolio and a love for advertising. Or maybe you’ve been in the industry for a few years and are looking for a change of scenery. You see a lot of cringe-worthy ads out there, and long for the day when you can make them better. You see good ads out there, and still would like to make them better. If so, we’d like to talk.
We’re big. But not that kind of big. We are a full-service ad agency located in Charlotte, NC with a variety of accounts ranging from a global cruise line to a Chilean olive oil brand. We feature big agency talent in a small agency package. And we could use a hand.
We are currently hiring a Junior Copywriter. If you’re looking to advance your advertising career and work on a range of projects including TV, print, direct mail, and digital, and you have a convincing work ethic and the creative ability to match, you could be just who we are looking for.
- 1-2 years of agency experience preferred (but if you’re a recent grad with a promising book and can convince us you have the chops to thrive in this industry, we’re listening).
- Ability to think conceptually as well as write creatively and informatively.
- Ability to work on global accounts as well as startup brands.
- An environment that actually encourages work-life balance. No, really.
- Opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast-growing agency.”
Please shoot your resume and portfolio to: email@example.com
June 15th, 2015
Mark is a writer/ACD at Y&R Chicago. Since his last post on MC (way back on 10.25.10), he’s revamped his site and loaded it with all kinds of new projects: Tyson Anytizers (above, “I’m starrrving!”), Dunkin’ Donuts, Progressive, Ocean Spray, Volvo, and more. Way past time for an update. Way past time for MC to heat up some Boneless Chicken Wyngz. Not kidding.
June 10th, 2015
Sandy Wang, Recruiter at MCD Partners, is on the hunt for senior copywriters at both their NYC and Chicago offices. A little about MCD: “MCD is the kind of place that encourages innovation and rewards hard work. We are an agency where ideas rule, and everything follows from there. Here you’ll find smart, creative professionals that take what they do seriously, but thankfully not themselves. By design we are a highly productive agency without the long hours, and promote teamwork without any embarrassing pep rallies.” To learn more or to apply, click the links below:
NYC Senior Copywriter: Click here
Chicago Senior Copywriter: Click here
June 5th, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen, MC is honored to present the portfolio sites of nine Chicago Portfolio School graduating copywriters (in alphabetical order):
Adam Bedol – adambedol.com
Amanda Burger – amandaburger.com
Vikram Chadda- adsofmyworld.com
Kelly Foreman – kellyforeman.com
Martha Murphy – martha-murphy.com
Jeff Polaschek – jeffpolaschek.com
Lyndsey Stormer – lyndseystormer.com
Kevin Tosi – cargocollective.com/kevintosi
John Wrend – john-wrend.com
June 4th, 2015
Lyndsey is funny. Don’t miss the video Lyndsey created about Lyndsey on her About/Contact page, and the stand-up bit on her Extra Goodies page. You need a great sense of humor to be a copywriter. Also got to be a little bit fearless.
June 3rd, 2015
After graduating from CPS, Kevin is now at HY Connect in Chicago and Adam will soon be at R/GA in New York. In addition to awesome student portfolios, while at CPS they also created Darn Good Baloney, a podcast of interviews with ad industry titans like Jeff Goodby, Susan Credle, Matt Moore, Ross Fletcher, and … others of great import and huge influence. Dig it.
Adam’s portfolio: adambedol.com
Kevin’s portfolio: cargocollective.com/kevintosi
June 2nd, 2015
Martha graduated from CPS and is now interning at WONGDOODY in Los Angeles. What else has she done? Check out her About Me page for 9 truths and 1 boldfaced lie. She’s a new copywriter who’s already had some good adventures. And good adventures make good stories. And good stories are what being a writer is all about.
June 1st, 2015
Chicago Portfolio School Week on MC kicks off with Amanda Burger, who’s going to be freelancing at Leo Burnett in Chicago after graduation. (Huge congrats!) Also, huge thanks to Amanda who helped MC put together CPS Week on MC 2015 by gathering everyone’s links, getting the a-ok to post, and sending them all in. Love it.