September 28th, 2015
Derek is a copywriter at McGarrah Jessee in Austin. All kinds of great work on his site (Indexhibit), including tons of quirky awesomeness for Shiner beer, plus YETI, Guitar Center, and Merrick dog food. Don’t miss “Jump” for Merrick. Could watch that all day.
September 25th, 2015
Nitin is a senior copywriter at Interface Communications in Mumbai, India. His site is called Filter Copy, a reference to Filter Coffee—a popular brand you can only get in south India. Love having another portfolio from Mumbai up on MC. So cool to see.
September 23rd, 2015
Shloimy is a copywriter at 360i in NYC. He shares a site with creative partner/art director Chad O’Connell. Together, they’ve launched a real dating app for bacon lovers called Sizzl (Oscar Mayer, client) that’s been getting all kinds of crazy press. It’s hot. It’s fresh. It’s crispy. MC is in love.
September 21st, 2015
Andy Lewis is a senior copywriter in San Francisco. He’s work-married to senior art director Stephen Giem and they’ve consummated the relationship with a joint portfolio site that’s hilarious and all love. It links out to their individual sites, which is a great way to do it. The couple is asking for whiskey or gin in lieu of gifts, which you can send directly to MC.
September 16th, 2015
Stephen is a new copywriter about to graduate from the San Diego Portfolio Studio on September 23rd. (Hello, San Diego Portfolio Studio! Nice to see you on MC.) What a great student book—from a campaign about being watched for the Horror Channel to wild cats for Fancy Feast. Dig it. Can’t wait to see where Stephen lands.
September 14th, 2015
Adam is a senior copywriter at Arnold Boston. Fantastic mix of projects on his site, from a beautiful film for Hilton Curio to Dunkin’ Donuts madness with Julian Edelman. Don’t miss his video for Field Notes celebrating the joy of writing. Just nails it.
September 10th, 2015
Jake is a new copywriter finishing up at Creative Circus. Next week, he’s going to be visiting San Francisco, meeting with agencies, looking for his first gig. How fun is that? So fun. Go get ’em, Jake!
September 8th, 2015
Aaron is a senior copywriter currently freelancing at Starbucks in Seattle. MC has been a huge believer in internal creative teams for years now, so it’s cool to see Aaron’s LinkedIn journey, which includes a good variety of both in-house and agency experience. It’s getting easier and easier to cross back and forth, from one to the other. That’s a good thing.
September 2nd, 2015
Butchershop in San Francisco is on the hunt for a killer Creative Strategist. From Butchershop: “We’re looking for a writing-focused creative strategist who can produce brilliantly original digital and print ideas. Essentially, we need you to be a thinker. You’ll do a fuck-ton of research, process it and get comfortable explaining what you’ve learned to everyone else. You’ll come up with brand positioning statements. You’ll use your research to develop a brand’s identity, and you’ll work with designers, developers and other writers to prove out how that identity looks, feels, sounds and smells. You’ll mix creative thinking with your savant’s knowledge of digital strategies and technology to create pitches for clients and briefs—and you’ll do this again and again and still be hungry for more of it. You’ll develop a voice for clients and blow it out into website copy, media, headlines, ads, campaigns, scripts, etc.
What you’ll do:
- Devise concepts and strategies that solve problems—creatively, fearlessly, definitively
- Develop brand voice for our clients
- Write persuasive, original copy for different audiences across various media
- Work with clients, designers, developers and creative director to establish creative and business objectives, strategies, tactics and executions
- Critique copywriting and approve final executions
- Set the overall direction for the copywriting team
- Conduct research in workshops, focus groups, interviews and internet scouring
- Participate in and lead presentations with client executives
- Learn and experiment with new, surprising and often irreverent ways in which to solve clients’ problems
- Train and mentor junior writers and interns
- Copyedit and proofread
- Flex your brain muscles for a diversity of clients and industries
What you have:
- 5+ years’ experience creating sharp ideas and campaigns
- Preternatural writing and editing chops
- Record of leading projects, campaigns and brand experiences with measurable results
- Ability to manage multiple creative projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to write in a range of voices and capture different brands’ personalities
- Positive attitude regarding creative direction and feedback
- Low tolerance for bullshit in writing
- Perspicacity: meaning you’re good at identifying holes and filling them
- Willingness to defend your ideas (to the death if necessary)
- Field smarts. You can name your favorite brands, sites, campaigns and writers. You’re up on your trends in design, digital content and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, philosophy, advertising, marketing, business, etc.”
Send your resume, cover letter and portfolio to: email@example.com