Christmas week is past, but the holiday card videos keep coming on MC—this one from Cossette Chicago. On this short week between Christmas and New Year’s celebrations, when many of us are popping into the office for three half-days and finally opening our agency holiday cards, Cossette Chicago’s video perfectly celebrates the ratio of agency hours put into their holiday card versus seconds spent by a client enjoying it.
Krista Molloy, Director of Talent Management at Motive, Denver is on the hunt for an ACD/Creative Conceptor/Copywriter. From Krista: “Motive is an agency and creative studio focusing on the development of integrated creative platforms and executional programs. We’re a collective of deep thinkers, artistic mavens, executional top guns and cultural connoisseurs. We are focused on creating relationships through deep levels of engagement between brands and their consumers – relationships that translate into tangible results for our clients. And we do it with sharp creative, across a range of tactical channels.
As pioneers in the area of content, digital consumer engagement, and innovative experiential programs, and award winners in the areas of TV, event, digital and social – Motive has created an environment where team members are given an opportunity to stretch and flex their creative and executional muscles daily. We are a team of hard-working, fast-moving, energetic, passionate, driven, straight-talking creative thinkers. We like being challenged and we love the collaboration necessary to succeed.
If this sounds like a place you would thrive, let’s make something happen.
As ACD – Creative Conceptor and Copywriter at Motive you will provide overall leadership to creative teams and play an integral, hands-on role in developing the creative strategy and vision for a broad spectrum of clients and projects. In our highly collaborative environment, you will work alongside cross-functional team members and will be directly responsible for producing work as well as managing work done by others, guiding creative development from concept to completion. Your conceptual skills will be critical components in both winning new business as well as delivering best-in-class creative platforms and tactical programs for some of the most iconic, forward-thinking brands. Your copywriting skills will help bring ideas to life, for both client presentations and consumer facing finished products.
- Collaboratively and independently develop conceptual platforms and integrated campaigns that align with clients’ strategic business objectives.
- Play a key role in developing creative for current big name brands and new business pitches
- Direct and manage multidisciplinary creative teams.
- Organize and oversee creative projects in both non-traditional and traditional arenas.
- Participate in and/or lead concepting and ideation sessions.
- Write copy for a variety of needs including but not limited to creative concepts, presentations, digital content, TVC, OOH
- Deftly juggle multiple projects while inspiring and motivating both your creative teammates and clients.
- Take charge of various projects and see them through from start to finish, including hands-on development and execution.
- 7+ years agency experience.
- Hands-on approach to the creative process.
- Strong creative and conceptual vision with the ability to execute highly-integrated campaigns.
- Strong creative writing skills – for short and long form storytelling
- Ability to lead, coach, inspire and motivate teams to deliver innovative and impactful work.
- Highly collaborative approach to ideation and problem solving.
- Exceptional communication skills and experience in presenting work to both internal and external partners.
- Ability to complete multiple tasks and projects with tight deadlines as well as manage projects from start to finish.
- A passion for collaboration with cross-functional team members.
- Strong experience on large cross-channel initiatives and creative platforms.
- A knack for strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strengths in concepting and creative development.”
For more info or to apply, email Krista at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Jones, ACD at KW2 in Madison, WI is on the hunt for a writer. From Elizabeth: “KW2 is looking for a writer who wants to join an award-winning team of creative storytellers. We tell stories with words. We tell stories with pictures. We tell the stories of our clients and the good they do for their customers.
You’re a copy genius with 3 to 5 years writing experience, a great portfolio and a bucket full of eagerness. You know concepting, long form and digital. You work your butt off. You’re resilient. And you have loads of passion and talent, along with strong teamwork skills. Check our work out at www.kw2ideas.com.
- 3-5 years experience as a writer at a digital or ‘traditional’ agency
- Work samples required
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team of professionals”
Email cover letter, resume and a link to (or PDF of) your portfolio to email@example.com
Please put ‘COPYWRITER – MC’ in subject line of your email.
As an ad agency copywriter, there’s no more terrifying assignment than the annual agency holiday card. Unless you turn that assignment into a video about how terrifying it is, instead of actually making the card. Tip o’ the hat to Sanders\Wingo. Nailed it.
Madison Jackson, copywriter at DDB Chicago, and Danae Belanger, art director at DDB Chicago, made the above agency holiday video “Drunk History: DDB” and yes, Danae is really drunk in it. Brave, stupid, hilarious, genius, yes.
Madison’s portfolio: goalittlemad.com
Danae’s portfolio: danaebelanger.com
James is a copywriter at Capital One in Richmond, VA, and a graduate of VCU. While he’s new to copywriting, he’s not new to writing and has an interesting portfolio to show for it. Biking to messenger bags, outdoor gear to Sink/Swim Press, there’s a super cool/alternative POV that runs through his site and his projects. Love to see someone doing it different.
Hugh is a freelance copywriter in San Francisco (and a good friend to MC). Really dig the writing in his portfolio. Smart, sharp lines, video and radio up and down his site for brands like EAT24, Personal Capital, Oakland A’s, Dropcam, and Blue Shield. Good stuff.
Théo is a freelance copywriter/CD in Los Angeles. Since his last post on MC (way back on 10.12.12), he’s got a new Squarespace site and all kinds of new work on it. Time for an update!
Julian is a junior copywriter at Y&R in NYC. Check out his Hidden Gems of Cannes write-up in Adweek (smart). And his trailer for the play “All Men Are Dogs” (above). And his promo/video for the Special Olympics. All very cool.
Matt is a senior copywriter at TracyLocke in Wilton, Connecticut. So nice to see a writer’s portfolio that’s full of real-deal headlines. Matt’s got ’em for Pepsi, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Frank’s Red Hot (above), Reebok, and Lodge Cast Iron. Dig it.