October 31st, 2016
Barbara Yoiris, Human Resources Specialist at &Barr, is on the hunt for an experienced writer to join their Orlando team. From &Barr: “&Barr is looking for a Senior to ACD-level copywriter who will be responsible for writing and managing copywriting efforts for a specific client or group of clients. Strategic, innovative, passionate, you’ll work closely with your Creative Director to ensure that all creative efforts are effective and award winning. You must be curious, a collaborator and be able to inspire and mentor junior creative staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops concepts and writes copy in traditional and digital media.
- Supports all creative assignments ensuring that copy is aligned with strategy and brand guidelines.
- Collaborates with CD, Art Directors, Designers, Production and production partners to produce concepts and finished executions.
- Participates in strategic discussions to offer creative perspective.
- Delivers presentations to senior creative, account service and clients as needed.
- Maintains communication with production concerning status of jobs.
- Creates and completes projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Contributes to new business activities of the agency.
- Stays current with cultural and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Six or more years of related work experience and/or training
or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A versatile portfolio of work experience is required.
- Digital experience is required.
- Effectively handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment.
For more info or to apply, contact Barbara at: email@example.com
October 27th, 2016
Vicki Bokser, Senior Staffing Specialist at Prudential in Newark, New Jersey, is on the hunt for a copywriter. From Prudential: “Prudential’s unique internal full-service marketing & advertising agency has an opening for a Copywriter to be responsible for overall copywriting activities in accordance with strategic goals of the brand, the organization and its various business units. Versatile and conceptually strong in digital and offline channels. Experience with some of the following medium, web, video, social, as well as B2B and consumer print, out of home and marketing communications. Ability to develop strong campaign ideas and write compelling copy.
Roles & Requirements
- Conceptualize platform ideas for business units targeting consumer & institutional audiences
- Collaborate with Strategy and Media in the development of ideas
- Craft copy for use in social media and other emerging media opportunities
- Learn and internalize Prudential brand guidelines and visual standards
- Drive processes that foster idea generation with a media-neutral mindset
- BA or BS degree from an accredited university/college
- 3+ years of copywriting experience; advertising agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated conceptual ability in digital and offline channels
- Ability to differentiate between an idea and an execution
- Knowledge of financial services and products preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Office suite
- Highly detailed oriented
- Sound editorial judgment
- Clear, concise and confident verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a team-oriented, collaborative spirit
- Online portfolio demonstrating conceptual strength and skills in all media required”
To learn more and/or to apply: Click here
October 26th, 2016
Mike is a copywriter at VML in NYC where he helped create the above Moto Dojo campaign highlighting Motorola’s Moto Action. There are times when every copywriter gets lost in the grind of penning 500 tags for some new product that doesn’t really need a tag and questions, “Why? Is this really a job? Is what I do worthy of my short time on this planet?” Then comes along a project like Mike’s Moto Dojo and it all goes out the window. Of course this isn’t a real job. Look at what we do. And yet, somehow, they pay us. Shhh.
October 24th, 2016
Beth Voegtli at New Honor Society in St. Louis is on the hunt for a tech-savvy copywriter. From Beth: “New Honor Society is a creative boutique helping brands attract a following by giving people something to buy into, not just a product to buy. We identify a brand’s reason for being and help them talk about it, demonstrate it, and share it: from their company DNA, to their marketing, to their products and services.
We’re searching for a tech-savvy writer who can quickly be brought up to speed on complex matters, write everything from a caption to a video script, and hit deadlines.”
To apply online, click here.
To learn more about New Honor Society, click here.
October 20th, 2016
Sara is a copywriter in San Francisco. She’s got a cool mix of projects in her portfolio, including lots of editorial, fashion and beauty. MC got the chance to meet Sara a few months back and she’s good peeps. If you’re looking to meet a writer in SF with fashion/beauty experience, definitely give her a shout.
October 19th, 2016
Drew is a senior copywriter at 160over90 in Gainesville, Florida, previously at BRIGHT RED\TBWA in Tallahassee, and before that Mirium in Minneapolis—where he got to work on the super cute Dream Champion campaign for American Family Insurance (above). Derek Jeter, JJ Watt and Kevin Durant, geez.
October 18th, 2016
Calli graduated from Chicago Portfolio School earlier in the year and is now a junior copywriter at mcgarrybowen in Chicago. Her portfolio is still mostly fun spec projects (so cool to see what gets a CPS grad into a shop like mcgarrybowen), and the first celebrates Waffle House servers as saints. Probably more than Waffle House would go for in the real world—but they should totally do the candles for employee of the month. Also on Calli’s site is a campaign for MOBA (above), the Museum Of Bad Art, which MC never knew existed. Hello, road trip.
October 17th, 2016
Leonardo is a copywriter in São Paulo, Brazil. (For MC’s English speakers, click on the “English” button at the top of Leonardo’s site before you scroll down his portfolio.) His first project “Rescue Drive” is a genius idea for Chevrolet Cobalt. From Leonardo: “Most Brazilians aren’t used to changing their car unless they really need to. So, we found the perfect moment to present the new Chevrolet Cobalt.” When their car breaks down. Also, don’t miss his videos for Bradesco bank (above), so much drama! You can’t do that better.
October 12th, 2016
Ried is a copywriter/creative director at Curiosity in Cincinnati. One of MC’s favorite things is getting to see the portfolio sites of writers and CDs from shops like Curiosity that do regional work creatives in other parts of the country don’t always get to see. Like Nick and Vanessa Lachey for Cincinnati Bell (above). Saw it here first!
October 10th, 2016
Mike Todd, Director of Human Resources at Publicis Hawkeye in Dallas, is on the hunt for a copywriter. From Publicis Hawkeye: “If you are someone who is up for an adventure and believes they have a bit of a ‘Quixote windmill toppling’ mindset, we might be the right place for you.
The Copywriter is a strategic thinker who can brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, and produce thoughtful, irresistible messaging for print and digital deliverables. The Copywriter works closely with an Art Director on integrated accounts and reports to the Creative Director.
- Writes effective, engaging, strategy-driven copy for a variety of direct response media.
- Develops creative concepts in collaboration with art directors.
- Adopts creative concepts to a wide variety of formats and media.
- Presents creative strategy, rationales and comps to clients or prospective clients and leads their review of creative materials.
- Develops professional knowledge in all aspects of direct response/advertising including offers, formats, graphics and design, consumer behavior, media, production, etc.
Skills & Experience
- This position requires a college degree and at least 3+ years of experience in development of marketing campaigns, producing copy and concepts in an advertising profession, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- A master of good copy and headlines, but has a sense of art direction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas and information clearly, concisely and persuasively.
- Direct and promotional marketing, mass advertising, B2B and interactive experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding people management skills and positive attitude”
Send your link, rez and/or portfolio to Mike at: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 5th, 2016
Allison is a senior art director at Barkley in Kansas City, MO. (Her site was submitted by Will Benham, senior copywriter, big ups!) Allison’s Gift of Giving video for JCPenny (above) proves once and for all that giving is at least as good as getting. Nice. Also, don’t miss her Handmade and Invitations & Design pages. The girl likes to make stuff. Dig it.
October 3rd, 2016
On Saturday 9/24, MC posted September 2016 graduating Circus writers and art directors. Today, we’ve got the designers (shout out to Kristin Martin, Director of Creative Services at Circus). Congrats to all of the recent grads!
Lina Bahri – linabahri.com
Brandi Dewberry – brandidewberry.com
Rachel Burt – rachel-burt.com
Kate Lewkowicz – katelewkowicz.com
Olivia McWhirter – oliviamdesign.com
Stephanie Morgan – stephaniehelenmorgan.com
Andy Myrick – philip-myrick.squarespace.com
Caitlin Parent – caitlinparent.com
Amberlynn Pope – hiamberlynn.com
Robyn Steadham – rlsteadham.com
Manya Swick – manyaswick.com
Allyson Tachiki – allysontachiki.com
Mary Claire White – mcforshort.com