December 25th, 2016
Merry Christmas and happy holidays from MC (above, December 1977)! May you have a safe and relaxing end of 2016—so you can hit 2017 feeling inspired and ready to kick some creative you-know-what. You’re going to do big things this year. MC can feel it.
MC will be back Monday, Jan 2, 2017. Send those links in. See you soon!
December 17th, 2016
Kirk Donnan, of Donnan Creative Strategy in Sunnyvale, CA, is on the hunt for a killer freelance writer based in Northern California. From Kirk: “My virtual agency just landed a big client and I need a high-tech copywriter/designer yesterday. If we can find a stellar writer that has a good design perspective, that would suffice.
First assignment: 20-30-slide powerpoint that the CMO can present to Sales and Marketing departments on Jan. 25, at the annual Sales Kickoff.
This is a very technical company, so I need someone with tech, strategy and creative chops. The job will involve spending quite a bit of time with the CMO over the next few weeks in Santa Clara, CA. So someone based in San Francisco or Northern California is probably best.”
Send your portfolio or link to Kirk at: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 14th, 2016
Clayton Reed, Talent Acquisition & Development Manager at Thorne Research in Madison, Wisconsin, is on the hunt for a copywriter. Details below along with a link of where to apply:
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Copywriter is responsible for producing compelling written work for digital promotions, page layouts, product descriptions, storyboards, scripts and other creative projects. This includes fusing editorial content and commerce, as well as ensuring brand standards are consistent and maintained across written assignments.
- Researches, writes, revises and proofs persuasive material, including but not limited to web-based promotions, page layouts and other creative projects
- Stays current with marketplace trends
- Conveys the brand and positioning within the marketplace
- Ensures creative work is in-line with quality and brand standards across Thorne’s digital touch points
- Manages timelines, milestones and internal details
- Resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Is part of an innovative, results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ ecommerce, direct-to-consumer experience copywriting
- Interest in popular culture and new advertising trends and techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires one to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Engage others in a positive manner
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Possess strong verbal and communication skills
- Work independently with minimal direction and oversight
To learn more or apply: Click here
December 12th, 2016
Raoni is a senior copywriter at DDB Mozambique (MC’s first site from Mozambique, yes!), previously at agencies in Brazil. He’s worked on banks, insurers, beverages, credit cards, and cars, for brands like Google, Gatorade, Paints Suvinil, Toyota, Vodacom, and Standard Bank. No matter the language, it’s so cool to see the ideas that get produced in different parts of the world. Always something to learn.
December 7th, 2016
Jason is a copywriter/ACD at FKQ Advertising in Clearwater, FL. Cool mix of projects on his site including work for Chobani (above), Stella Artois, Diageo, Ball Park, Ronald McDonald House, Chick-Fil-A, and a Chick-Fil-A site, LoveIsHere.com, “developed to encourage an ongoing, honest conversation about love, relationships, marriage, and family.” Once again proving MC’s theory that copywriters know everything about everything—especially relationships. (So kidding.) Good stuff.
December 5th, 2016
Erika Udstuen, Global Talent Scout at TracyLocke, is on the hunt for a copywriter to join their Wilton, Connecticut office. From TracyLocke: “If you want to make a difference, you have to do things differently. That’s why we don’t think like marketers; rather, we live like designers, putting intent and purpose behind every thought. For the past 100 years, that purpose has been to motivate people to buy. And because buying is about believing, we design brand experiences that reshape the ways people behave by giving them more reasons to connect with brands and products than ever before. At TracyLocke, nothing we do is by default. Everything We Do Is Buy Design.
TracyLocke’s Connecticut office is growing. We are looking for several Copywriters with passion and talent in abundance who desire a creative and collaborative environment.
Whether your first word was written, or you were inspired by the world’s greatest mentors along your journey, we want to hear from you.
How do you make it into the halls of TracyLocke? Have a great on-line portfolio with samples of relevant brand solutions to client and consumer challenges. A campaign or two that creates a connection between a consumer’s heart and head. Your samples must articulate your passion and showcase years of thoughtful blood, sweat and tears from your journalism and advertising school. The right attitude is a must.
If you believe that the work is everything, contact us.
We have opportunities on three of our global brand accounts.
- Journalism, Advertising, or Portfolio School recommended.
- An on-line portfolio with work samples are required to be considered.
To Apply: Click Here