February 24th, 2017
Since his last post on MC a little over two years ago (01.26.15), Ben has gone freelance and added a bunch of new work to his site—including “Amanda Cerny 19th Century Striptease” for Smith & Forge Hard Cider (above). Nice. Ben also does VO work, including national TV campaigns for Old Dominion, McDonald’s, and 24 Hour Fitness. Time for an update!
February 22nd, 2017
Taylor is soon to be a freelance senior copywriter in Los Angeles (moving March 8th), previously at Maxwell in Boulder where she was lead writer on accounts including Justin’s, Cobram Estate, and P.J. Clark’s. Lots of super positive vibes running throughout the projects in Taylor’s portfolio. The world can use a little more of that right about now. Dig it.
February 20th, 2017
Kenny Kim, VP of Marketing at NatureBox in Northern California (and good friend of MC), is on the hunt for a creative director/designer/art director to help them dominate the delicious snacking universe. From NatureBox: “We’re looking for a Creative Director to oversee our internal creative team, external creative agencies, freelancers, and the entire creative process at NatureBox. We need a leader, a mentor, and overall creative genius. Working with the VP of Marketing, this person will play a key role in the evolution of the NatureBox brand, guide our internal creative team to greatness, and direct compelling and memorable design campaigns that solve our business- as well as our creative-goals. S/he will be a proven people leader with expertise in all aspects of graphic and interactive design. The Creative Director oversees creative needs for the Acquisition, Product, Retail, Engineering and Customer Service teams across all marketing channels including, but not limited to, the website, packaging, in-store collateral, advertising, social media, print, and content.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to drive the overall creative direction for the NatureBox brand.
- Lead creation of all online, offline, and retail marketing efforts (e.g. packaging, digital advertising and social media, print advertising, video, content etc).
- Manage, and mentor the internal creative team.
- Serve as a strong, collaborative partner to our external agency partners and freelancer network, managing process, work, budgets and personnel.
- Collaborate closely with VP of Marketing, Product and Engineering on design elements of the member experience (e.g. website, iPhone app, etc).
- Set product and brand photography direction and provide creative direction on all internal and external photoshoots (both still and video).
- Help ensure consistency across all creative executions.
- Direct the creative function ensuring that the team, culture, capabilities, tools and processes support NatureBox’s strategic objectives and brand.
- Establish scalable creative development and review process, to ensure that the creative team operates in a highly efficient manner while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Manage the evolution of the team’s technology needs, developing streamlined systems to manage workflow and leveraging external tools when necessary.
- Drive continual improvement in NatureBox’s creative quality, thinking and capabilities.
- Champion innovation by introducing new ideas and stimulation to the team.
- Develop strong relationships within Marketing and across the organization.
- Estimate, flight and manage annual design and photography budget.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelors of Graphic Design or Fine Arts; additional business degree preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of managerial experience in a design or art department, 3-4 years of relevant consumer brand experience preferred.
- Exceptional aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of design principles.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link creative to revenue-driving behavior.
- Significant experience art directing photo and video shoots.
- Project management experience in a design environment.
- Exposure to design team tools like web request system, project archival systems, etc.
- Strong communication/organizational/presentation skills are a must.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams. Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects and superb time management skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign as well as basic office and organizational software.
- Experience in food a plus
To learn more or to apply, click here: linkedin.com/jobs/view/239178125
February 17th, 2017
Clique is on the hunt for a bunch of freelance tech copywriters. From Clique: “The Clique Team is looking for multiple freelance copywriters with experience writing about Technology, knowledge of Voice Tech is a plus. Ability to source subjects, craft copy, and develop hooks are a must. The copywriters’ primary focus will be writing and editing multiple stories per week to meet the demands of the Clique team’s content calendar.
- Complete four, 500 word articles per week for posting on Clique web properties.
- Source pertinent subjects for articles and blog posts.
- Receive and respond to edits from the Clique team.
- Meet demands of Clique team’s content calendar.
To apply, submit your portfolio to the Clique team directly at: email@example.com
About Clique: Clique is the comprehensive cloud-based enterprise CPaaS API that gives one the ability to make voice calls or send text messages directly from any application. Clique enables large enterprises and applications to make phone calls and send/receive text messages with ease to improve user experiences, no matter where in the world the customer is located. High volume communication enterprises such as Federal Express, The Hartford, Staples, and Wilmer Hale use Clique to connect millions of minutes per day of calls. Clique generates recurring revenue in two ways: per minute and via subscription. Clique is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Clique does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clique employees or any other company location. Clique is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”
February 15th, 2017
David is a freelance copywriter/ACD/stand-up comedian in San Francisco. Since his last post on MC (11.06.13), David has focused on comedy and comedy projects—and his site totally reflects that. Which is both awesome and once again proves MC’s theory that drummers, surfers and comedians make great copywriters. Killer projects up and down his site, but don’t miss his first link, Stand-Up Comedy. So funny.
February 9th, 2017
Dina Mande, a director at Juice Media, is on the hunt for freelance copywriters (can be located anywhere). From Dina: “Director with small production company on the hunt for copywriters to collaborate with to create some beautiful, memorable, heart-tugging, emotional storytelling spec spots. These could be new spots written or unproduced ideas you have laying around and I’m open to dialogue, talking at camera or voiceover ideas. I’m open to types of brands, although food, health and pharma would be a great fit for my reel.
Spots will be directed by me, through my company and I’d like it to be an involved, collaborative process. You will have a full res copy for your reel as well.
Although this is spec work, I’m willing to pay for each script that I shoot.
Interested? Please send intro email with contact info and links to current relevant work.”
Email Dina at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Dina Mande and Juice Media, click here
February 8th, 2017
Lars Meiner, HR/Recruiter at Laughlin Constable, is on the hunt for a social copywriter to join their team in Chicago. From Lars: “Our creative department in Chicago is looking for a copywriter who knows how to live, breathe and speak social. Being able to craft copy, come up with conceptual hooks and writing til your hand falls off are a given. But we’re also looking for someone who understands their way around a content calendar. Working with and understanding social strategy gets a little star by your name. This candidate’s primary focus will be writing and concepting on a variety of our clients social platforms. However, we’ll find opportunities for you to apply your craft in other areas.
- Developing fresh content, stories, blogs, and social media posts for our client’s web properties.
- Editing and proof reading content for yourself and the team.
- Research and source materials for your content, avoiding plagiarism.
- Assure that content is user-friendly, relevant, and optimized.
- Manage and upload content to a variety of websites and platforms.
- Work with the appropriate teams to moderate user-generated content and discussions as part of our content channels.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design and business/industry trends
- Aid in developing communications, content, and social media marketing plans.
- Copyedits and proof reads articles and other web content
- Applying creativity to every aspect of your job
- Pushing and challenging the client and coworkers to take the content we create to Next.
- Bring an energy that makes everyone jealous.
- Must have a portfolio that represents the work you’ve created.
To apply, contact Lars directly at: Lmeiner@laughlin.com
February 6th, 2017
Reagan is a senior copywriter/ACD in New York. So many killer projects on her site. Peyton Manning for DIRECTV, “Never Again” for PIXMA, Nexcare Nana vs. Car Wash, and the one and only MC Hammer for Command Hooks (above). Dig it!