Lars Meiner, HR/Recruiter at Laughlin Constable, is on the hunt for a social copywriter to join their team in Chicago. From Lars: “Our creative department in Chicago is looking for a copywriter who knows how to live, breathe and speak social. Being able to craft copy, come up with conceptual hooks and writing til your hand falls off are a given. But we’re also looking for someone who understands their way around a content calendar. Working with and understanding social strategy gets a little star by your name. This candidate’s primary focus will be writing and concepting on a variety of our clients social platforms. However, we’ll find opportunities for you to apply your craft in other areas.
- Developing fresh content, stories, blogs, and social media posts for our client’s web properties.
- Editing and proof reading content for yourself and the team.
- Research and source materials for your content, avoiding plagiarism.
- Assure that content is user-friendly, relevant, and optimized.
- Manage and upload content to a variety of websites and platforms.
- Work with the appropriate teams to moderate user-generated content and discussions as part of our content channels.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design and business/industry trends
- Aid in developing communications, content, and social media marketing plans.
- Copyedits and proof reads articles and other web content
- Applying creativity to every aspect of your job
- Pushing and challenging the client and coworkers to take the content we create to Next.
- Bring an energy that makes everyone jealous.
- Must have a portfolio that represents the work you’ve created.
To apply, contact Lars directly at: Lmeiner@laughlin.com