March 30th, 2017
Beth Voegtli at New Honor Society in St. Louis is on the hunt for a copywriter. From NHS: “You love to write. You’re good at it. Good enough to get paid for your abilities. But you’re not just a wordsmith, you’re a problem solver. You get as excited about a brand challenge as you do about a killer headline. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Tell a compelling story in four words or 4000.
- Ability to write in every medium: digital, social, print, film.
- Work alone or with a team to arrive at solutions.
- Contribute to brainstorms.
- Follow a brief and ensure work is on strategy.
- Have high personal standards; “good enough” isn’t good enough for you.
- Stay on top of industry and cultural trends.
- Be collaborative, flexible and open-minded.
- Contribute to the cultural dynamics of the agency.
- Take the work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
- 1+ years of experience as a copywriter across multiple brands, categories and channels
- A portfolio with a range of work that shows your strengths and your potential for growth
- Solid writing/spelling/grammatical skills
- Organization, communication and presentation skills
- Critical thinking
- Conceptual (big ideas, not just executions)
- Desire to make a mark on the agency and industry at large”
To apply online, click here.
To learn more about New Honor Society, click here.
March 29th, 2017
Clarence is a copywriter/CD currently freelancing at Apple in London. Since his last post on MC way back on 08.09.2010, he’s taken over the world. So many awesome projects in his portfolio. The first three had MC laughing out loud, including a genius campaign for American Standard, a super hot (not!) spot for Planet Fitness (above), and an amazing video for The Green Party in the UK. Awesomeness.
March 27th, 2017
Raul Mandru, Partner/Creative Director at RXM in NYC, is on the hunt for a killer writer with 5+ years experience. From RXM: “RXM is an award-winning creative agency based in New York. We are working with Ray-Ban, Harper’s Bazaar, H&M, Sunglass Hut, and Lokai on integrated campaigns and content.
More about our work and vibe rxmcreative.com and instagram.com/rxmcreative.
- You pronounce GIF correctly
- 5+ years of experience in an agency setting
- Strong conceptual abilities. You can easily come up with spot-on ideas from content to TV and video scripts, social posts, activations, events
- Solid writing skills and a knowledge of the current digital, social landscape
- Strong logic in structuring presentation flow
- Genuinely interested in cultural trends and you read the likes of Dazed, Paper, Another
- You can easily name a few artists, photographers, musicians you follow and would like to collaborate with
- Have been working on similar brands as our client roster (lifestyle, millennial, retail)
- You’re obsessed with grammar and already found the 3 mistakes in this description
- You work efficiently, pick your battles and agree that “Real artists ship”
- You can collaborate with and AD and lead projects independently without a lot of direction
- You have great presentation skills and are used to present directly to clients
- Native english only
- Able to work in the US (Citizen/Greencard/Independent O1)
- You’re based in New York
Please only apply if the description fits your profile and experience.”
Send portfolio to: Jobs@rxmcreative.com
March 24th, 2017
Cassandra Ondich, Talent Acquisition Manager at VML, is on the hunt for a copywriter to join their Memphis office. From VML: “At VML, it’s not just the job you want — it’s who you are that matters. We’re looking for visionaries. Planners. Dreamers. Because VML is a place that’s all about putting everything you are into everything you do. And we believe in the thought that if it doesn’t exist, it can be created.
Yes, technically we’re located in Kansas City. And New York. And Chicago. And Seattle. But if you need to find us, we suggest visiting somewhere that can’t exactly be pinpointed on a map. Look for us where dreamers thrive. And ideas, too. In a place where limits are pushed and pulled and stretched. Because VML is a full-service digital advertising agency that thrives where the blue sky of possibilities intersects with grounded solutions. We know this is a great place, and others know it too. In fact, we’ve been voted as one of the 25 best places to work in America three times and have partnered with brands around the world. And with two decades under our belt, you’d be correct to guess our trophy case is pretty full as well.
VML is seeking a Copywriter for a government client based in Memphis. Project work requires US citizenship.
What we’re looking for:
- Good client presentation skills demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses the client challenge
- A desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn every day
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
- Savvy with social media
- Passion for creating online advertising that busts through banner blindness
- Writing talent that makes people take notice and take action
- A bachelor’s degree, English or writing emphasis preferred
- Three-plus years of experience in an agency setting, with strong conceptual abilities, solid writing skills and a knowledge of the digital landscape
VML is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.”
Apply here or email Cassandra at: Cassandra.firstname.lastname@example.org
March 22nd, 2017
Chris is a freelance senior copywriter in NYC, previously at Figliulo & Partners and Pereira & O’Dell. He’s written spots for the Sprint Framily Frobinsons and World of Tanks (with Steven Seagal, above), improvised on a we-are-in-a-foreign-country-and-don’t-have-a-permit-for-this-everybody-be-cool digital campaign for Skype, and has made everything in between for brands like Macy’s, Virgin Atlantic, AC Hotels, Seabourn, and Mattel. He’s also optioned a TV pilot with Caviar Content in LA about Guardian Angels. Awesome.
March 20th, 2017
Jon is VP/CD/AD at BOHAN in Nashville. Since his last post on MC (09.17.14), he’s got all kinds of cool new work up on his site: Coolville. As a writer, one of the first things MC looks at in designer portfolios is typography. Don’t miss Jon’s typography page in the design section of his site (awesome). But there’s great type all over his site, including in his Mars One project (above, featured under art direction). Take me, please.
March 15th, 2017
Mike is a freelance copywriter in Atlanta, GA. The work on his site is broken out into four categories (Consumer, B2B, Digital & Social Media, Recruiting), plus a page called Marcia & Me (Marcia Brady!), Awards, and Contact. Some cool projects on his Digital page, including NCAA Final Friend for AT&T, which looks fun, but also a possible nightmare—rejecting 63 Facebook friends. Yikes!
March 8th, 2017
Shaton is a freelance copywriter/ACD/experiential designer in NYC. Huge variety of media platforms represented on his Behance site, from Moleskin notebooks to service design to Citi on Apple Watch (above). Is it time for MC to finally pony up for an Apple Watch? Hmm.
March 6th, 2017
Brian is an art director/designer/CD in San Francisco, previously at start-up Madison Reed in SF and DigitasLBi Chicago, Ogilvy Chicago, and Doner Detroit before that. He’s got a beautiful Squarespace site that shows off six brands/projects for Madison Reed, Bumble & Bumble, Dove, Interface, Jim Beam, and BP Stations. Dig it.
March 3rd, 2017
Trey Ho, ACD/Copy at Fuse Interactive in Laguna Beach, CA is on the hunt for a mid-level interactive copywriter. From Fuse: “Fuse Interactive is currently seeking an exceptional Mid-Level Copywriter to join our award-winning team in beautiful Laguna Beach, California.
The ideal candidate has a major passion for writing and advertising, with the ability to adapt a strong voice towards a variety of audiences. He or she is able to hit the ground running, write compelling copy that spans across broadcast, digital, CRM, production, strategy and more. Lastly, he or she is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, collaborate effectively with a strong team of producers, account managers, project managers and more.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Concept and collaborate with an award-winning creative team, including other copywriters, designers, art directors, and programmers.
- Write compelling and grammatically clean long-form web and brochure copy, as well as effective, short-form headlines, taglines and body copy.
- Write in multiple styles, tones and formats that span digital, video and even tech.
- Ensure concepts, tactics and tone are on brand and strategically sound.
- Deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Present work to internal teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of copywriting experience in advertising and/or digital media. Experience creating mass-market advertising materials in an agency environment is a must.
- Familiarity with the world of motorsports is a major advantage, but you don’t have to be an expert (yet).
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks. A positive and proactive attitude, a willingness to take initiative and think ahead.
- A strategic mind. Copywriters at Fuse participate heavily in strategic development prior to execution. Strong strategic thinking is a must.
- Must be able to show innovative and inspiring solutions to marketing challenges across a variety of mediums.
- The ability to collaborate, take constructive criticism and respond positively to feedback.
- A strong desire to build brands, sell products and create award-winning work that you can be proud of.
- A keen marketing sense and an interest in helping develop campaign platforms that can work across multiple channels.”
For more info or to apply, contact Trey at: email@example.com
March 1st, 2017
Ken Dennison, ACD at GKV in Baltimore, is on the hunt for a junior writer. From GKV: “GKV Baltimore is looking for a junior writer with the talent and the nerve to challenge the status quo. You’d be working on digital and social, some long form and maybe some broadcast, for a variety of CPG clients. Must be a strategic thinker and a tireless worker. Egos are welcome, as long as you back it up. If you’re a recent ad school graduate with great student work, we want you. If you’ve been working for a year or two but you’re not growing, we want you. GKV is a fun, collaborative, supportive environment. Unless you’re a Steelers or Yankees fan.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ad School grad or 1-2 years at an agency
- Will pay reasonable moving expenses”
For more info or to apply, email Ken at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or snail mail to: Ken Dennison ACD, GKV, 1500 Whetstone Way, Baltimore, MD, 21230