February 20th, 2017
Kenny Kim, VP of Marketing at NatureBox in Northern California (and good friend of MC), is on the hunt for a creative director/designer/art director to help them dominate the delicious snacking universe. From NatureBox: “We’re looking for a Creative Director to oversee our internal creative team, external creative agencies, freelancers, and the entire creative process at NatureBox. We need a leader, a mentor, and overall creative genius. Working with the VP of Marketing, this person will play a key role in the evolution of the NatureBox brand, guide our internal creative team to greatness, and direct compelling and memorable design campaigns that solve our business- as well as our creative-goals. S/he will be a proven people leader with expertise in all aspects of graphic and interactive design. The Creative Director oversees creative needs for the Acquisition, Product, Retail, Engineering and Customer Service teams across all marketing channels including, but not limited to, the website, packaging, in-store collateral, advertising, social media, print, and content.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to drive the overall creative direction for the NatureBox brand.
- Lead creation of all online, offline, and retail marketing efforts (e.g. packaging, digital advertising and social media, print advertising, video, content etc).
- Manage, and mentor the internal creative team.
- Serve as a strong, collaborative partner to our external agency partners and freelancer network, managing process, work, budgets and personnel.
- Collaborate closely with VP of Marketing, Product and Engineering on design elements of the member experience (e.g. website, iPhone app, etc).
- Set product and brand photography direction and provide creative direction on all internal and external photoshoots (both still and video).
- Help ensure consistency across all creative executions.
- Direct the creative function ensuring that the team, culture, capabilities, tools and processes support NatureBox’s strategic objectives and brand.
- Establish scalable creative development and review process, to ensure that the creative team operates in a highly efficient manner while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Manage the evolution of the team’s technology needs, developing streamlined systems to manage workflow and leveraging external tools when necessary.
- Drive continual improvement in NatureBox’s creative quality, thinking and capabilities.
- Champion innovation by introducing new ideas and stimulation to the team.
- Develop strong relationships within Marketing and across the organization.
- Estimate, flight and manage annual design and photography budget.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelors of Graphic Design or Fine Arts; additional business degree preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of managerial experience in a design or art department, 3-4 years of relevant consumer brand experience preferred.
- Exceptional aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of design principles.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link creative to revenue-driving behavior.
- Significant experience art directing photo and video shoots.
- Project management experience in a design environment.
- Exposure to design team tools like web request system, project archival systems, etc.
- Strong communication/organizational/presentation skills are a must.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams. Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects and superb time management skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign as well as basic office and organizational software.
- Experience in food a plus
To learn more or to apply, click here: linkedin.com/jobs/view/239178125
February 17th, 2017
Clique is on the hunt for a bunch of freelance tech copywriters. From Clique: “The Clique Team is looking for multiple freelance copywriters with experience writing about Technology, knowledge of Voice Tech is a plus. Ability to source subjects, craft copy, and develop hooks are a must. The copywriters’ primary focus will be writing and editing multiple stories per week to meet the demands of the Clique team’s content calendar.
- Complete four, 500 word articles per week for posting on Clique web properties.
- Source pertinent subjects for articles and blog posts.
- Receive and respond to edits from the Clique team.
- Meet demands of Clique team’s content calendar.
To apply, submit your portfolio to the Clique team directly at: email@example.com
About Clique: Clique is the comprehensive cloud-based enterprise CPaaS API that gives one the ability to make voice calls or send text messages directly from any application. Clique enables large enterprises and applications to make phone calls and send/receive text messages with ease to improve user experiences, no matter where in the world the customer is located. High volume communication enterprises such as Federal Express, The Hartford, Staples, and Wilmer Hale use Clique to connect millions of minutes per day of calls. Clique generates recurring revenue in two ways: per minute and via subscription. Clique is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Clique does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clique employees or any other company location. Clique is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”
February 9th, 2017
Dina Mande, a director at Juice Media, is on the hunt for freelance copywriters (can be located anywhere). From Dina: “Director with small production company on the hunt for copywriters to collaborate with to create some beautiful, memorable, heart-tugging, emotional storytelling spec spots. These could be new spots written or unproduced ideas you have laying around and I’m open to dialogue, talking at camera or voiceover ideas. I’m open to types of brands, although food, health and pharma would be a great fit for my reel.
Spots will be directed by me, through my company and I’d like it to be an involved, collaborative process. You will have a full res copy for your reel as well.
Although this is spec work, I’m willing to pay for each script that I shoot.
Interested? Please send intro email with contact info and links to current relevant work.”
Email Dina at: firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Dina Mande and Juice Media, click here
January 27th, 2017
David Klineberg, President/Partner at Response Marketing in New Haven, Connecticut, is on the hunt for a great writer. From Response: “Hi, we’re Response and we’re looking for a copywriter to join our small, but mighty team.
This role is not for the faint of heart – they’ll be asked to traverse a wide range of both traditional and digital copy related challenges including campaign concepts, social media content, banner ads, website copy, long-form articles, strategic manifestos, email campaigns, video scripts, OOH posters and much more. Copywriters play an active role in our creative department and will be expected to brainstorm and concept with other designers for new and current business initiatives.
We’re looking for someone who can think both creatively and strategically; someone who can produce exceptional work and constantly thinks about how they can elevate our creative output.
We’re based in downtown New Haven, CT, steps from great food, drinks, art, and Yale.”
For full job description and to apply: response.agency/careers/copywriter
January 17th, 2017
Laura Allen, HR/Operations Supervisor at Two by Four in Chicago, is on the hunt for a Senior Copywriter and a Junior Copywriter (also open to a junior team). From Laura:
Are you overflowing with brilliance? So much so, that you feel compelled to share your genius with others? Then maybe you’re just what we’re looking for. Two by Four is in the market for a Great Idea Generator: Senior Copywriter. One who not only routinely generates unbelievably great ideas, but can show others how to hone that skill as well. Someone who’s one helluva writer—and one helluva leader. If you translate strategy to concept in surprising ways, move smoothly and suavely in account/creative/client circles, live to nurture up-and-coming newbies, and feel most comfortable working at light speed, boy—do we have the job for you.
- Develop fantastic creative concepts, seen through to execution
- Come at things from refreshingly unique angles. Don’t just show us the expected stuff: surprise us, excite us, wow us, and make us happy we hired you
- Do create work that makes our clients, the agency and your parents proud
- Don’t be a prima donna. If you are, trust us: you won’t last very long here
- Oversee and guide one (or more) creative teams on any given project
- Present work to and develop relationships with clients
- Keep track of your hours and do your time sheets on time: yes, this matters
- Oh, and one other thing: we start at 8:30 (Yes, this matters, too—so set your alarm accordingly)
- Dive headfirst into new business
- Stand out, but fit in—this is one helluva fun place to work, with a really cool agency culture…be a part of it.
Qualifications/Skills Required for this Position:
- 7+ years experience
- A really nice body of work
- Leadership and management chops—people are going to be looking up to you
- An expert understanding of how things work in advertising, including radio and TV production, print, web development, etc.
For more info or to apply email Laura at: email@example.com
Is your brain a petri dish for great ideas? Do they bounce around in your head like pinballs on crack? If so, perhaps you’d like to see them come to fruition as a Great Idea Generator: Junior Copywriter at Two by Four. We’re in the market for a kick-ass writer—someone who not only gets it, but does it. An inventive, surprising, passionate thinker, someone who can take a strategy and conceptually turn it on its ear. A self-motivated, self-aware self-starter. Oh, and did we mention you’ll be doing this at breakneck speed? Buckle your seatbelt. If you think you’ve got what it takes, give us a shout. You may be the right writer for the job.
- Develop fantastic creative concepts, seen through to execution
- Come at things from refreshingly unique angles; don’t just show us the expected stuff: surprise us, excite us, wow us, and make us happy we hired you
- Do create work that makes our clients, the agency and your parents proud
- Don’t be a prima donna; if you are, trust us—you won’t last very long here
- Raise your hand when you’re not busy. Volunteer. Engage. Immerse yourself. Help out wherever you can. Make yourself indispensable. We’ll notice, you’ll benefit.
- Keep track of your hours and do your time sheets on time; yes, this matters
- Oh, and other thing: we start at 8:30; yes, this matters, too—set your alarm accordingly
- Roll up your sleeves, put on your thinking cap and dive headfirst into new business we’ve won a ton of new biz this year alone. Want an opportunity to grow? This is it.
- Stand out, but fit in. This is one helluva fun place to work, with a really cool agency culture. Be a part of it.
Qualifications/Skills Required for this Position:
- A killer student portfolio.
- Being a grown-up. We don’t want to have to watch over you all the time, and you don’t want that either. If you can’t work without supervision, this won’t work.
For more info or to apply email Laura at: firstname.lastname@example.org
December 17th, 2016
Kirk Donnan, of Donnan Creative Strategy in Sunnyvale, CA, is on the hunt for a killer freelance writer based in Northern California. From Kirk: “My virtual agency just landed a big client and I need a high-tech copywriter/designer yesterday. If we can find a stellar writer that has a good design perspective, that would suffice.
First assignment: 20-30-slide powerpoint that the CMO can present to Sales and Marketing departments on Jan. 25, at the annual Sales Kickoff.
This is a very technical company, so I need someone with tech, strategy and creative chops. The job will involve spending quite a bit of time with the CMO over the next few weeks in Santa Clara, CA. So someone based in San Francisco or Northern California is probably best.”
Send your portfolio or link to Kirk at: email@example.com
December 14th, 2016
Clayton Reed, Talent Acquisition & Development Manager at Thorne Research in Madison, Wisconsin, is on the hunt for a copywriter. Details below along with a link of where to apply:
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Copywriter is responsible for producing compelling written work for digital promotions, page layouts, product descriptions, storyboards, scripts and other creative projects. This includes fusing editorial content and commerce, as well as ensuring brand standards are consistent and maintained across written assignments.
- Researches, writes, revises and proofs persuasive material, including but not limited to web-based promotions, page layouts and other creative projects
- Stays current with marketplace trends
- Conveys the brand and positioning within the marketplace
- Ensures creative work is in-line with quality and brand standards across Thorne’s digital touch points
- Manages timelines, milestones and internal details
- Resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Is part of an innovative, results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ ecommerce, direct-to-consumer experience copywriting
- Interest in popular culture and new advertising trends and techniques
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires one to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Engage others in a positive manner
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Possess strong verbal and communication skills
- Work independently with minimal direction and oversight
To learn more or apply: Click here
December 5th, 2016
Erika Udstuen, Global Talent Scout at TracyLocke, is on the hunt for a copywriter to join their Wilton, Connecticut office. From TracyLocke: “If you want to make a difference, you have to do things differently. That’s why we don’t think like marketers; rather, we live like designers, putting intent and purpose behind every thought. For the past 100 years, that purpose has been to motivate people to buy. And because buying is about believing, we design brand experiences that reshape the ways people behave by giving them more reasons to connect with brands and products than ever before. At TracyLocke, nothing we do is by default. Everything We Do Is Buy Design.
TracyLocke’s Connecticut office is growing. We are looking for several Copywriters with passion and talent in abundance who desire a creative and collaborative environment.
Whether your first word was written, or you were inspired by the world’s greatest mentors along your journey, we want to hear from you.
How do you make it into the halls of TracyLocke? Have a great on-line portfolio with samples of relevant brand solutions to client and consumer challenges. A campaign or two that creates a connection between a consumer’s heart and head. Your samples must articulate your passion and showcase years of thoughtful blood, sweat and tears from your journalism and advertising school. The right attitude is a must.
If you believe that the work is everything, contact us.
We have opportunities on three of our global brand accounts.
- Journalism, Advertising, or Portfolio School recommended.
- An on-line portfolio with work samples are required to be considered.
To Apply: Click Here
October 31st, 2016
Barbara Yoiris, Human Resources Specialist at &Barr, is on the hunt for an experienced writer to join their Orlando team. From &Barr: “&Barr is looking for a Senior to ACD-level copywriter who will be responsible for writing and managing copywriting efforts for a specific client or group of clients. Strategic, innovative, passionate, you’ll work closely with your Creative Director to ensure that all creative efforts are effective and award winning. You must be curious, a collaborator and be able to inspire and mentor junior creative staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops concepts and writes copy in traditional and digital media.
- Supports all creative assignments ensuring that copy is aligned with strategy and brand guidelines.
- Collaborates with CD, Art Directors, Designers, Production and production partners to produce concepts and finished executions.
- Participates in strategic discussions to offer creative perspective.
- Delivers presentations to senior creative, account service and clients as needed.
- Maintains communication with production concerning status of jobs.
- Creates and completes projects on time and within budget constraints.
- Contributes to new business activities of the agency.
- Stays current with cultural and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- Six or more years of related work experience and/or training
or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- A versatile portfolio of work experience is required.
- Digital experience is required.
- Effectively handle multiple assignments in a fast paced environment.
For more info or to apply, contact Barbara at: firstname.lastname@example.org
October 27th, 2016
Vicki Bokser, Senior Staffing Specialist at Prudential in Newark, New Jersey, is on the hunt for a copywriter. From Prudential: “Prudential’s unique internal full-service marketing & advertising agency has an opening for a Copywriter to be responsible for overall copywriting activities in accordance with strategic goals of the brand, the organization and its various business units. Versatile and conceptually strong in digital and offline channels. Experience with some of the following medium, web, video, social, as well as B2B and consumer print, out of home and marketing communications. Ability to develop strong campaign ideas and write compelling copy.
Roles & Requirements
- Conceptualize platform ideas for business units targeting consumer & institutional audiences
- Collaborate with Strategy and Media in the development of ideas
- Craft copy for use in social media and other emerging media opportunities
- Learn and internalize Prudential brand guidelines and visual standards
- Drive processes that foster idea generation with a media-neutral mindset
- BA or BS degree from an accredited university/college
- 3+ years of copywriting experience; advertising agency experience preferred
- Demonstrated conceptual ability in digital and offline channels
- Ability to differentiate between an idea and an execution
- Knowledge of financial services and products preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Office suite
- Highly detailed oriented
- Sound editorial judgment
- Clear, concise and confident verbal communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and a team-oriented, collaborative spirit
- Online portfolio demonstrating conceptual strength and skills in all media required”
To learn more and/or to apply: Click here
October 24th, 2016
Beth Voegtli at New Honor Society in St. Louis is on the hunt for a tech-savvy copywriter. From Beth: “New Honor Society is a creative boutique helping brands attract a following by giving people something to buy into, not just a product to buy. We identify a brand’s reason for being and help them talk about it, demonstrate it, and share it: from their company DNA, to their marketing, to their products and services.
We’re searching for a tech-savvy writer who can quickly be brought up to speed on complex matters, write everything from a caption to a video script, and hit deadlines.”
To apply online, click here.
To learn more about New Honor Society, click here.
October 10th, 2016
Mike Todd, Director of Human Resources at Publicis Hawkeye in Dallas, is on the hunt for a copywriter. From Publicis Hawkeye: “If you are someone who is up for an adventure and believes they have a bit of a ‘Quixote windmill toppling’ mindset, we might be the right place for you.
The Copywriter is a strategic thinker who can brainstorm ideas, develop concepts, and produce thoughtful, irresistible messaging for print and digital deliverables. The Copywriter works closely with an Art Director on integrated accounts and reports to the Creative Director.
- Writes effective, engaging, strategy-driven copy for a variety of direct response media.
- Develops creative concepts in collaboration with art directors.
- Adopts creative concepts to a wide variety of formats and media.
- Presents creative strategy, rationales and comps to clients or prospective clients and leads their review of creative materials.
- Develops professional knowledge in all aspects of direct response/advertising including offers, formats, graphics and design, consumer behavior, media, production, etc.
Skills & Experience
- This position requires a college degree and at least 3+ years of experience in development of marketing campaigns, producing copy and concepts in an advertising profession, or a relevant combination of education and experience.
- A master of good copy and headlines, but has a sense of art direction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey ideas and information clearly, concisely and persuasively.
- Direct and promotional marketing, mass advertising, B2B and interactive experience.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Excellent negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding people management skills and positive attitude”
Send your link, rez and/or portfolio to Mike at: email@example.com
September 30th, 2016
Danielle McGuckin and Ann Perry at McCann Detroit are on the hunt for unicorns. Copywriter unicorns! From McCann: “McCann Worldgroup Detroit is looking for copywriters to work on world-class accounts such as Chevrolet, Michigan Tourism, ALDI and more. We need writers. Excellent ones. Writers who put together a headline that makes other writers jealous. Writers who write copy novelists want to plagiarize. And if you’re only doing it for print or TV then don’t bother submitting your portfolio over here – we need people who can work in every channel. So, yeah, great writers. Every channel. And you have to be cool to work with. In other words, we might be looking for a unicorn.”
Are you that unicorn? Then apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
August 22nd, 2016
SquareTrade in San Francisco is on the hunt for a mid-level or senior writer to join our awesome internal creative team. What does it mean to be a writer at SquareTrade, the best electronics warranty company in the world? You’ll write, of course. But you’ll also be an idea factory, working with a team of crazy talented designers on a mission to make SquareTrade as amazing as it can be.
For example, in the photo above, Luke Rockhold (champion UFC fighter) is kicking the you-know-what out of an iPhone in a SquareTrade Labs Breakability video. You’ll be thinking up stuff like that—in addition to writing projects for almost every major retailer in the US, mobile carriers across the EU, social, radio, environmental, you-name-it. It’s a little bit agency. It’s a little bit in-house. It’s a whole lot of fun.
Unfortunately, we’re currently looking for local candidates only.
Interested? Email your link to Jason (SquareTrade CD) at: email@example.com
August 9th, 2016
Rob Kerr, Executive Creative Director of Bright Red\TBWA in Tallahassee, Florida is on the hunt for junior, mid-level and senior copywriters (no ACDs or CDs, please). From Rob: “The Southeastern outpost of \TBWA has been on a new-business roll lately and is currently accepting books.
Do you believe big ideas can come from anywhere? We do. We expect them from you, consistently. You’ll be thrown into the fire day one and have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of clients from travel & tourism, consumer packaged goods, durable products to fast-food. This is not for the faint-of-heart — you will be juggling multiple assignments, often with tight deadlines and will be expected to win awards. Sound like you?
Don’t apply if you have your heart set on working in New York. Tallahassee, Florida couldn’t be further from Madison Avenue. Think small-town hustle meets global muscle.”
Send your portfolio to Rob at: firstname.lastname@example.org
August 8th, 2016
Got mad copywriting skills? Looking for a killer internship? Grip in Chicago is on the hunt. From Grip: “We’re seeking a copywriting intern with mad literary game to join our team in September 2016. You should have the ability to develop content with strategic intent and have a strong creative point of view supported by a degree in creative writing or journalism. The mission of our internship program is to transition recent grads into the professional world of copywriting within the creative industry.
You’ll collaborate with experienced and inspiring team members on a broad range of projects to build confidence in your strengths, challenge your skills, and obtain a strong understanding of what it takes to roll with the big dogs. Internship is full-time, 3 months, and paid.
To apply, click here: gripdesign.com/careers
June 13th, 2016
Leigh Sander, CD at Commerce House in Dallas, is on the hunt for a writer. From Leigh: “Commerce House, an award-winning agency in the Dallas Design District, is looking for a writer. Someone who loves crashing words together in compelling, unexpected ways. And who’s driven to come up with ideas that make other human beings stop and think. You’ll need an entrepreneurial spirit; we’ve got a lot going on. From crafting a social platform for the NBA refs—the most hated officials in officialdom—to making healthcare human again for Texas Health Resources to getting people to Go Public with their love for KERA 90.1 and KXT 91.7, to name a few.
If these apply to you, please apply to us:
- Brilliant online portfolio, including radio, TV, print, OOH, web, social, mobile,
- 4-6 years working at an agency—or something like it
- Actually enjoy collaborating with creatives, planners, account types and clients
- Curious and adventurous in and out of the office
- As strong strategically as you are creatively
- Can present your work with coherence and conviction
- Willing and able to find out about us on your own—our site is being retooled
- Are not a jerk”
Send your portfolio to: Trey@commercehouse.com
June 9th, 2016
Kyle Daley, Director of Creative Services at Merkley+Partners in NYC is looking to hire a go-to, can-do team with 3-4 years experience. From Kyle: “Are you a big-ideas-driven duo looking to add some serious heft to an already impressive portfolio? At M+P you’ll own major projects on one of the most prestigious accounts on the planet: Mercedes-Benz. You’ll develop and produce lots of high profile TV, as well as digital, print, POS, radio, event, branded entertainment… the whole gamut. You’ll be a key part of our new business efforts. And you’ll get to apply your creative muscle to other big name accounts like Nutella, ALL Laundry Detergent, Smart Car, Armor All and more. If you’re interested in becoming an integral part of M+P’s smart and collaborative team, please send your portfolio to Kyle at the address below. Creative “Teams” only.
Send portfolio to: email@example.com
May 12th, 2016
Amy Marshall, Talent Director at Hornall Anderson, is on the hunt for a copywriter. From Amy: “Hornall Anderson (Seattle office) is looking for a copywriter. Writers at a design shop? Say what? What will you write, you ask? All of the things.
If you haven’t thought about writing at a design shop before – twirl it around upstairs. We might be biased, but we offer opportunities to work with some amazing brands (like REI, Madison Square Garden, PepsiCo, Starbucks, Marmite, and Virgin Atlantic – and so many more) partnering with them to tell their stories. Naming, brand messaging/positioning, narrative, brand voice, print, packaging, digital, environments, campaign work – the variety of work is almost endless. We are strategy and concept driven with an equal amount of importance placed on craft. Work hard. Play hard. Respect.
And, our headquarters is in Seattle. C’mon. Amazing.”
To apply and see the full job description: Click here
You can also send your resume/portfolio (do not forget that portfolio) to Amy at: firstname.lastname@example.org