March 27th, 2017
Raul Mandru, Partner/Creative Director at RXM in NYC, is on the hunt for a killer writer with 5+ years experience. From RXM: “RXM is an award-winning creative agency based in New York. We are working with Ray-Ban, Harper’s Bazaar, H&M, Sunglass Hut, and Lokai on integrated campaigns and content.
More about our work and vibe rxmcreative.com and instagram.com/rxmcreative.
- You pronounce GIF correctly
- 5+ years of experience in an agency setting
- Strong conceptual abilities. You can easily come up with spot-on ideas from content to TV and video scripts, social posts, activations, events
- Solid writing skills and a knowledge of the current digital, social landscape
- Strong logic in structuring presentation flow
- Genuinely interested in cultural trends and you read the likes of Dazed, Paper, Another
- You can easily name a few artists, photographers, musicians you follow and would like to collaborate with
- Have been working on similar brands as our client roster (lifestyle, millennial, retail)
- You’re obsessed with grammar and already found the 3 mistakes in this description
- You work efficiently, pick your battles and agree that “Real artists ship”
- You can collaborate with and AD and lead projects independently without a lot of direction
- You have great presentation skills and are used to present directly to clients
- Native english only
- Able to work in the US (Citizen/Greencard/Independent O1)
- You’re based in New York
Please only apply if the description fits your profile and experience.”
Send portfolio to: Jobs@rxmcreative.com
March 24th, 2017
Cassandra Ondich, Talent Acquisition Manager at VML, is on the hunt for a copywriter to join their Memphis office. From VML: “At VML, it’s not just the job you want — it’s who you are that matters. We’re looking for visionaries. Planners. Dreamers. Because VML is a place that’s all about putting everything you are into everything you do. And we believe in the thought that if it doesn’t exist, it can be created.
Yes, technically we’re located in Kansas City. And New York. And Chicago. And Seattle. But if you need to find us, we suggest visiting somewhere that can’t exactly be pinpointed on a map. Look for us where dreamers thrive. And ideas, too. In a place where limits are pushed and pulled and stretched. Because VML is a full-service digital advertising agency that thrives where the blue sky of possibilities intersects with grounded solutions. We know this is a great place, and others know it too. In fact, we’ve been voted as one of the 25 best places to work in America three times and have partnered with brands around the world. And with two decades under our belt, you’d be correct to guess our trophy case is pretty full as well.
VML is seeking a Copywriter for a government client based in Memphis. Project work requires US citizenship.
What we’re looking for:
- Good client presentation skills demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses the client challenge
- A desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn every day
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
- Savvy with social media
- Passion for creating online advertising that busts through banner blindness
- Writing talent that makes people take notice and take action
- A bachelor’s degree, English or writing emphasis preferred
- Three-plus years of experience in an agency setting, with strong conceptual abilities, solid writing skills and a knowledge of the digital landscape
VML is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.”
Apply here or email Cassandra at: Cassandra.email@example.com
March 22nd, 2017
Chris is a freelance senior copywriter in NYC, previously at Figliulo & Partners and Pereira & O’Dell. He’s written spots for the Sprint Framily Frobinsons and World of Tanks (with Steven Seagal, above), improvised on a we-are-in-a-foreign-country-and-don’t-have-a-permit-for-this-everybody-be-cool digital campaign for Skype, and has made everything in between for brands like Macy’s, Virgin Atlantic, AC Hotels, Seabourn, and Mattel. He’s also optioned a TV pilot with Caviar Content in LA about Guardian Angels. Awesome.
March 20th, 2017
Jon is VP/CD/AD at BOHAN in Nashville. Since his last post on MC (09.17.14), he’s got all kinds of cool new work up on his site: Coolville. As a writer, one of the first things MC looks at in designer portfolios is typography. Don’t miss Jon’s typography page in the design section of his site (awesome). But there’s great type all over his site, including in his Mars One project (above, featured under art direction). Take me, please.
March 15th, 2017
Mike is a freelance copywriter in Atlanta, GA. The work on his site is broken out into four categories (Consumer, B2B, Digital & Social Media, Recruiting), plus a page called Marcia & Me (Marcia Brady!), Awards, and Contact. Some cool projects on his Digital page, including NCAA Final Friend for AT&T, which looks fun, but also a possible nightmare—rejecting 63 Facebook friends. Yikes!
March 8th, 2017
Shaton is a freelance copywriter/ACD/experiential designer in NYC. Huge variety of media platforms represented on his Behance site, from Moleskin notebooks to service design to Citi on Apple Watch (above). Is it time for MC to finally pony up for an Apple Watch? Hmm.
March 6th, 2017
Brian is an art director/designer/CD in San Francisco, previously at start-up Madison Reed in SF and DigitasLBi Chicago, Ogilvy Chicago, and Doner Detroit before that. He’s got a beautiful Squarespace site that shows off six brands/projects for Madison Reed, Bumble & Bumble, Dove, Interface, Jim Beam, and BP Stations. Dig it.
March 3rd, 2017
Trey Ho, ACD/Copy at Fuse Interactive in Laguna Beach, CA is on the hunt for a mid-level interactive copywriter. From Fuse: “Fuse Interactive is currently seeking an exceptional Mid-Level Copywriter to join our award-winning team in beautiful Laguna Beach, California.
The ideal candidate has a major passion for writing and advertising, with the ability to adapt a strong voice towards a variety of audiences. He or she is able to hit the ground running, write compelling copy that spans across broadcast, digital, CRM, production, strategy and more. Lastly, he or she is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, collaborate effectively with a strong team of producers, account managers, project managers and more.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Concept and collaborate with an award-winning creative team, including other copywriters, designers, art directors, and programmers.
- Write compelling and grammatically clean long-form web and brochure copy, as well as effective, short-form headlines, taglines and body copy.
- Write in multiple styles, tones and formats that span digital, video and even tech.
- Ensure concepts, tactics and tone are on brand and strategically sound.
- Deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Present work to internal teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of copywriting experience in advertising and/or digital media. Experience creating mass-market advertising materials in an agency environment is a must.
- Familiarity with the world of motorsports is a major advantage, but you don’t have to be an expert (yet).
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks. A positive and proactive attitude, a willingness to take initiative and think ahead.
- A strategic mind. Copywriters at Fuse participate heavily in strategic development prior to execution. Strong strategic thinking is a must.
- Must be able to show innovative and inspiring solutions to marketing challenges across a variety of mediums.
- The ability to collaborate, take constructive criticism and respond positively to feedback.
- A strong desire to build brands, sell products and create award-winning work that you can be proud of.
- A keen marketing sense and an interest in helping develop campaign platforms that can work across multiple channels.”
For more info or to apply, contact Trey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 1st, 2017
Ken Dennison, ACD at GKV in Baltimore, is on the hunt for a junior writer. From GKV: “GKV Baltimore is looking for a junior writer with the talent and the nerve to challenge the status quo. You’d be working on digital and social, some long form and maybe some broadcast, for a variety of CPG clients. Must be a strategic thinker and a tireless worker. Egos are welcome, as long as you back it up. If you’re a recent ad school graduate with great student work, we want you. If you’ve been working for a year or two but you’re not growing, we want you. GKV is a fun, collaborative, supportive environment. Unless you’re a Steelers or Yankees fan.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ad School grad or 1-2 years at an agency
- Will pay reasonable moving expenses”
For more info or to apply, email Ken at: email@example.com
Or snail mail to: Ken Dennison ACD, GKV, 1500 Whetstone Way, Baltimore, MD, 21230
February 24th, 2017
Since his last post on MC a little over two years ago (01.26.15), Ben has gone freelance and added a bunch of new work to his site—including “Amanda Cerny 19th Century Striptease” for Smith & Forge Hard Cider (above). Nice. Ben also does VO work, including national TV campaigns for Old Dominion, McDonald’s, and 24 Hour Fitness. Time for an update!
February 22nd, 2017
Taylor is soon to be a freelance senior copywriter in Los Angeles (moving March 8th), previously at Maxwell in Boulder where she was lead writer on accounts including Justin’s, Cobram Estate, and P.J. Clark’s. Lots of super positive vibes running throughout the projects in Taylor’s portfolio. The world can use a little more of that right about now. Dig it.
February 17th, 2017
Clique is on the hunt for a bunch of freelance tech copywriters. From Clique: “The Clique Team is looking for multiple freelance copywriters with experience writing about Technology, knowledge of Voice Tech is a plus. Ability to source subjects, craft copy, and develop hooks are a must. The copywriters’ primary focus will be writing and editing multiple stories per week to meet the demands of the Clique team’s content calendar.
- Complete four, 500 word articles per week for posting on Clique web properties.
- Source pertinent subjects for articles and blog posts.
- Receive and respond to edits from the Clique team.
- Meet demands of Clique team’s content calendar.
To apply, submit your portfolio to the Clique team directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Clique: Clique is the comprehensive cloud-based enterprise CPaaS API that gives one the ability to make voice calls or send text messages directly from any application. Clique enables large enterprises and applications to make phone calls and send/receive text messages with ease to improve user experiences, no matter where in the world the customer is located. High volume communication enterprises such as Federal Express, The Hartford, Staples, and Wilmer Hale use Clique to connect millions of minutes per day of calls. Clique generates recurring revenue in two ways: per minute and via subscription. Clique is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Clique does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clique employees or any other company location. Clique is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”
February 15th, 2017
David is a freelance copywriter/ACD/stand-up comedian in San Francisco. Since his last post on MC (11.06.13), David has focused on comedy and comedy projects—and his site totally reflects that. Which is both awesome and once again proves MC’s theory that drummers, surfers and comedians make great copywriters. Killer projects up and down his site, but don’t miss his first link, Stand-Up Comedy. So funny.
February 8th, 2017
Lars Meiner, HR/Recruiter at Laughlin Constable, is on the hunt for a social copywriter to join their team in Chicago. From Lars: “Our creative department in Chicago is looking for a copywriter who knows how to live, breathe and speak social. Being able to craft copy, come up with conceptual hooks and writing til your hand falls off are a given. But we’re also looking for someone who understands their way around a content calendar. Working with and understanding social strategy gets a little star by your name. This candidate’s primary focus will be writing and concepting on a variety of our clients social platforms. However, we’ll find opportunities for you to apply your craft in other areas.
- Developing fresh content, stories, blogs, and social media posts for our client’s web properties.
- Editing and proof reading content for yourself and the team.
- Research and source materials for your content, avoiding plagiarism.
- Assure that content is user-friendly, relevant, and optimized.
- Manage and upload content to a variety of websites and platforms.
- Work with the appropriate teams to moderate user-generated content and discussions as part of our content channels.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design and business/industry trends
- Aid in developing communications, content, and social media marketing plans.
- Copyedits and proof reads articles and other web content
- Applying creativity to every aspect of your job
- Pushing and challenging the client and coworkers to take the content we create to Next.
- Bring an energy that makes everyone jealous.
- Must have a portfolio that represents the work you’ve created.
To apply, contact Lars directly at: Lmeiner@laughlin.com
February 6th, 2017
Reagan is a senior copywriter/ACD in New York. So many killer projects on her site. Peyton Manning for DIRECTV, “Never Again” for PIXMA, Nexcare Nana vs. Car Wash, and the one and only MC Hammer for Command Hooks (above). Dig it!
January 27th, 2017
David Klineberg, President/Partner at Response Marketing in New Haven, Connecticut, is on the hunt for a great writer. From Response: “Hi, we’re Response and we’re looking for a copywriter to join our small, but mighty team.
This role is not for the faint of heart – they’ll be asked to traverse a wide range of both traditional and digital copy related challenges including campaign concepts, social media content, banner ads, website copy, long-form articles, strategic manifestos, email campaigns, video scripts, OOH posters and much more. Copywriters play an active role in our creative department and will be expected to brainstorm and concept with other designers for new and current business initiatives.
We’re looking for someone who can think both creatively and strategically; someone who can produce exceptional work and constantly thinks about how they can elevate our creative output.
We’re based in downtown New Haven, CT, steps from great food, drinks, art, and Yale.”
For full job description and to apply: response.agency/careers/copywriter
January 26th, 2017
Daniel is a copywriter/creative director at VML in Kansas City, previously at LatinWorks in Austin and Young & Rubicam in both Paris and Lima. Since his last post on MC (12.16.13), Daniel has been busy. From #FREEZERDIG for Wendy’s, a fresh way to promote fresh burgers (sorry, had to), to a scary good Snickers spot (above). Dig it.
January 23rd, 2017
Steve is a copywriter/creative director at The Richards Group in Dallas. All kinds of killer projects on his site, from “Nothing good happens after midnight. Except Denny’s.” to “Hacker” for Motel 6 (so perfectly relevant at the time of this posting!). Don’t miss his terrifying “Termites are monsters” spot for Terminix (above). Yikes!