May 9th, 2016
Since his last post on MC just over five years ago (03.27.11), Chris has been busy. He became a CD, joined eBay, worked on a bunch of their site builds, wrote design playbooks for eBay and PayPal, and developed his own social media app called Hashtag Spy. Way overdue for an MC update.
October 10th, 2013
eBay Enterprise in Silicon Valley is on the hunt for a senior writer: “Based in Silicon Valley, we’re a leading e-commerce, design and branding agency looking for a senior-level copywriter who’s smart, creative, collaborative, collected and accomplished. Someone who can distill financial and technical products into clear, concise, consumer-friendly language. Someone who takes pride in their work, down to the letter, and only satisfied with excellence. Someone who can dig into the details and make even the most pedestrian account-related announcement sing. Oh, and accomplish all of this with minimal noise and direction while taking feedback in stride.
About Us: eBay Enterprise Marketing Solutions (EEMS) is an agency serving a wide variety of clients within and outside the eBay Inc. family, including PayPal, eBay, Magento, Cisco, Plantronics, Intel, Mattel and many more. We’re a global leader, innovator and investor in e-commerce today, actively changing the landscape of how people shop, transact, and engage with their favorite brands. Our Campbell office is home to a tight-knit group of top creative pros who create and collaborate with mutual respect and aim to achieve the highest standards in the work.
- 3-6 years minimum experience, preferably some agency
- Experience in the following areas a plus: consumer financial/electronic payments space, technology (cloud/web-based services, IT), consumer electronics and hardware products, retail merchandise.
- Strong portfolio of current work demonstrating creative/conceptual headlines, with longer form copy as well. Good mix of B2B and B2C
- Deep interactive and branding experience: everything from short-form banners and emails to landing pages to larger, longer projects like strategy docs, case studies, pitches and presentations. Also video, social media, print.
- Client-facing: comfortable presenting their work
- Has some experience managing other writers and providing feedback
- Can keep pace and a cool head in a fun but fast-paced agency environment.
- MS Office required, but hard design skills (Adobe CS) and UX knowledge a bonus
If this sounds like you, and you want to work alongside some of the most passionate, accomplished creative professionals in the business, please send your resume and online portfolio with current samples, pointing out those most relevant to this position.”
Apply at: Click Here