Alyssa Adelson, Talent Acquisition Director at Octagon in Connecticut, is on the hunt for a copywriter/ experiential creative. From Alyssa: “Hi there. We‘re Octagon. We’re the sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing arm of the Interpublic Group. We connect brands to fans through passion.
We are looking for a writer with an eye towards developing experiential ideas to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for generating smart, breakthrough ideas for existing and potential Octagon clients. You will work as a key member of Octagon’s Planning, Concept and Design team (PCD), straddling the line between planning and concepting.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- You’re a solid mid-level creative working at an experiential agency, digital shop, promotional shop, or even a traditional ad agency – but you’re interested in more than just traditional creative work.
- You are a wordsmith who can craft pithy insights, strategies, and concept descriptions.
- You appreciate creative that doesn’t exclusively live in the world of advertising communication, but also in the physical or digital space.
- You understand (and may even come from) the world of planning and value insights, strategies and creative briefs as the foundation of great ideas.
- You’re the one on your team who always puts ideas on the table to be discussed, edited, and built upon.
- You love to make beautiful presentations and can visually express your creativity. It’s one of many techniques you use to sell in your ideas and strategies.
- You have experience working on several clients and brands simultaneously. You are interested in working on major global brands.
- You know how to contribute to a winning new business pitch and are hungry for opportunities to develop and pitch ideas to potential clients.
- You’re ready to move on to a more senior role and embrace the new responsibilities and opportunities that come with it.
THE WORK YOU’LL DO:
- Generate original, bold, and on-strategy creative ideas for Octagon clients and new business opportunities.
- Write-up ideas in whitepaper format and sharp presentations, working with design team and outside freelancers to develop accompanying visuals.
- Contribute to copy efforts including campaign names, taglines, manifestos, headlines, and body copy across all marketing channels and media types.
- Support agency’s creative development process by leading live brainstorm sessions and client workshops.
- Lead the development of creative sell-in presentations.
- Represent the agency as a creative voice in live presentations.
- Collaborate with strategic and creative resources across Octagon global network (offices and sister agencies).
To learn more and apply, email Alyssa at: firstname.lastname@example.org