October 12th, 2016
Ried is a copywriter/creative director at Curiosity in Cincinnati. One of MC’s favorite things is getting to see the portfolio sites of writers and CDs from shops like Curiosity that do regional work creatives in other parts of the country don’t always get to see. Like Nick and Vanessa Lachey for Cincinnati Bell (above). Saw it here first!
December 8th, 2014
Dan is a senior copywriter at Curiosity Advertising in Cincinnati. His site includes projects for Airheads, Redbox, Antioch College, Winking Man Photo, and Curiosity’s holiday videos featuring Krampus, Europe’s Holiday Goat Monster (above). Plus, links to writing for McSweeney’s and Splitsider.
October 7th, 2014
Laura Bennett, Talent Scout at Saatchi & Saatchi X, is on the hunt for a copywriter for their Cincinnati, OH office. From Laura, “Saatchi & Saatchi X is a global leader in shopper marketing, revered as the hothouse for world-changing ideas and brand experiences. Through a passion for ideas, strategic in-store communications and a deep understanding of shoppers’ motivations, we create unique shopping experiences that improve shopper’s lives and leverage every product story. Saatchi & Saatchi X is part of the Publicis Groupe network, the world’s fourth-largest advertising agency holding company.
You will be working closely with the creative director, art directors and other writers to conceive, articulate, and create concepts and shopper marketing ideas. This includes experiential retail campaigns, QSR and retail product launches, franchise marketing campaigns, online, interactive, mobile and e-mail marketing campaigns, viral and all other shopper marketing initiatives and developing short and long form copy solutions.
If you believe:
- you can work with and sometimes lead a collaborative team that includes account planners, art directors, designers, producers from all sort of disciplines
- you are capable of solving shopper communication challenges with ideas that gets us more awards than we have already
- you have an outstanding portfolio that your granny fell in love with
- you can lead brainstorming sessions about why trolls gets angry after supper
- you can collaborate with creative team members to come up with conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives for tomorrow’s pitch
- you can ensure copy tone and style are consistent with product identity even if you hate the product
- you can translate “This-Is-All-I-got” client briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts without drinking too much coffee
- you can convince your CD that you have 6+ years’ experience as an advertising writer
- you can work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands without going to the restroom every half an hour
- you can handle the openness of everyone’s criticism here and still keep your sanity with a good heart
To apply or learn more, email Laura at: firstname.lastname@example.org