November 11th, 2015
Casey is a copywriter in San Diego, previously at Piston, after graduating from VCU. One of MC’s favorite things about being a copywriter is the crazy variety of subjects you get to immerse yourself in, for a week or a month or a year, in order to write for this or that. Casey’s portfolio features a car buying site, NFL team, probiotics beverage, Pride parade, and online movie promotions (including the LEGO movie, above). Good times.
September 16th, 2015
Stephen is a new copywriter about to graduate from the San Diego Portfolio Studio on September 23rd. (Hello, San Diego Portfolio Studio! Nice to see you on MC.) What a great student book—from a campaign about being watched for the Horror Channel to wild cats for Fancy Feast. Dig it. Can’t wait to see where Stephen lands.
August 22nd, 2015
Like beer? (Yes.) Like copywriting? (Yes.) Then Stone Brewing is on the hunt for YOU, senior copywriter. From Stone Brewery: “Stone Brewing Co. is looking for a talented Senior Copywriter to join our Marketing team. This individual develops conceptual ideas and creative writing for new beer release campaigns, the company website, sales, events, and merchandise.
- Work closely with design partner and the marketing team to brainstorm ideas, create unique concepts and develop messaging for new beer campaigns and other materials
- Create portfolio-worthy work that is written from the perspective of the “Stone voice” and upholds the standards of the creative and marketing teams
- Write and edit copy for a variety of mediums including packaging, point-of-sale, print, interactive/web, mobile, video and merchandise
- Regularly present ideas to senior level team members and clients
- Craft beer fan with in-depth knowledge of beer styles and brewing processes and the ability to confidently write about them
- Must have a strong portfolio of conceptual, strategy-based creative work that demonstrates writing talent and originality
- Fast thinker who can generate ideas quickly and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Confident presenter who is comfortable in front of clients and has the proven ability to pitch and sell ideas
- Regularly reads industry publications and keeps up-to-date with the latest news and ideas in the beer and creative industries”
To learn more or apply: Click here
September 25th, 2014
Jessi is a senior copywriter at ViTRO in San Diego. Since her last post on MC (11.02.11), she’s moved from Kansas City to San Diego, got the new gig at ViTRO (congrats!), and added all kinds of new work to her portfolio. Time for an update!
May 7th, 2014
Fawn Frank, Senior Recruiter/Talent Acquisition at Sony HQ in San Diego, is looking for a senior copywriter to join their in-house creative team. From Sony: “Sony Electronics is on the hunt for a Senior Copywriter to join the in-house creative team at our North American headquarters in San Diego. Senior Copywriters collaborate with product, media and creative teams to produce advertising copy and other marketing messaging across many mediums: from broadcast and print to web and retail.
To join this world-class brand, you must possess a strong portfolio demonstrating your diversity and ability to create a unique voice. You’ll be responsible for writing assignments on strategic initiatives within the Sony Brand Marketing team (creative team), including managing all outgoing content, advertising, websites, retail, experiential and CRM initiatives. The ideal candidate must be able to understand Sony technologies and synthesize them into consumer-friendly language.”
For more info and/or to apply: Click here
March 5th, 2014
Dave is a senior writer at ViTRO in San Diego, previously at Arnold, Leo Burnett, SapientNitro, and MMB. All kinds of killer work up and down his site for a crazy variety of clients, including Asics (the marathon treadmill is genius), Dodge Ram, Truth, Jack Daniel’s, Bahamas, Alaska Communications, Red Sox, and Radio Shack. Love it.
May 11th, 2012
Scott is a senior copywriter at VITRO in San Diego. Know what makes MC happy? Flipping through a portfolio and seeing killer writing all over the place. Long copy writing. Pages and pages of it. Because that means someone was doing some writing, and selling some writing, and buying some writing, and producing some writing. Which makes MC happy. And that’s a good way to start a Friday.
August 12th, 2011
Christian is a sr copywriter in San Diego. (MC’s first San Diego site. Hello, SD!) Interesting to compare freelance and full-time CW sites. How do we balance “hello, I’m an artist” with “hello, I’m for hire”?