Huge is on the hunt for a copywriter in their D.C. office, which is growing like crazy. From Huge: “Copywriters at Huge are driven to craft innovative copy solutions – people who are enthusiastic about language and critique subway ads on the way to the office. They understand that users’ time is limited and space constraints are always a concern and write copy accordingly. Our writers create content, digital media and concepts for a wide variety of users and user needs, while collaborating daily with designers, strategy and UX. They understand and anticipate the needs and concerns of their team members so they can come up with kick-ass copy that rises above those challenges. Our copywriters understand that cutting copy down is just as important to this job as writing (great) copy in the first place. They are confident in their abilities and believe in the writing they produce, and they can represent the writer’s (and reader’s) perspective in work sessions and review. Our clients come from a wide variety of backgrounds and a copywriter should be able to adjust their writing accordingly – one day you may be creating copy for a fast-food chain, the next a financial institution. Don’t just have a strong voice; have a lot of them.
What we’d like to see:
- Proven ability to create copy for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries, with 3+ years of experience (2+ years at an agency). We want to know you can move from one client to the next without stumbling.
- An appreciation for the relationship between textual and visual elements. Copy doesn’t exist in a vacuum, and unless your words and the designs are working together, we’re not producing work that meet (and rise above) our standards.
- Strong copyediting and proofing skills. Attention to small details in both copy decks and designs won’t just save everyone headaches, it’s extremely important.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines, often while working independently. Our copywriters are able to put their heads down and produce awesome work without constant supervision.
- Ability to communicate with both internal teams and clients.”
For more info or to apply: Click here