March 24th, 2017
Cassandra Ondich, Talent Acquisition Manager at VML, is on the hunt for a copywriter to join their Memphis office. From VML: “At VML, it’s not just the job you want — it’s who you are that matters. We’re looking for visionaries. Planners. Dreamers. Because VML is a place that’s all about putting everything you are into everything you do. And we believe in the thought that if it doesn’t exist, it can be created.
Yes, technically we’re located in Kansas City. And New York. And Chicago. And Seattle. But if you need to find us, we suggest visiting somewhere that can’t exactly be pinpointed on a map. Look for us where dreamers thrive. And ideas, too. In a place where limits are pushed and pulled and stretched. Because VML is a full-service digital advertising agency that thrives where the blue sky of possibilities intersects with grounded solutions. We know this is a great place, and others know it too. In fact, we’ve been voted as one of the 25 best places to work in America three times and have partnered with brands around the world. And with two decades under our belt, you’d be correct to guess our trophy case is pretty full as well.
VML is seeking a Copywriter for a government client based in Memphis. Project work requires US citizenship.
What we’re looking for:
- Good client presentation skills demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses the client challenge
- A desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn every day
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
- Savvy with social media
- Passion for creating online advertising that busts through banner blindness
- Writing talent that makes people take notice and take action
- A bachelor’s degree, English or writing emphasis preferred
- Three-plus years of experience in an agency setting, with strong conceptual abilities, solid writing skills and a knowledge of the digital landscape
VML is a M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.”
Apply here or email Cassandra at: Cassandra.email@example.com
March 22nd, 2017
Chris is a freelance senior copywriter in NYC, previously at Figliulo & Partners and Pereira & O’Dell. He’s written spots for the Sprint Framily Frobinsons and World of Tanks (with Steven Seagal, above), improvised on a we-are-in-a-foreign-country-and-don’t-have-a-permit-for-this-everybody-be-cool digital campaign for Skype, and has made everything in between for brands like Macy’s, Virgin Atlantic, AC Hotels, Seabourn, and Mattel. He’s also optioned a TV pilot with Caviar Content in LA about Guardian Angels. Awesome.
March 20th, 2017
Jon is VP/CD/AD at BOHAN in Nashville. Since his last post on MC (09.17.14), he’s got all kinds of cool new work up on his site: Coolville. As a writer, one of the first things MC looks at in designer portfolios is typography. Don’t miss Jon’s typography page in the design section of his site (awesome). But there’s great type all over his site, including in his Mars One project (above, featured under art direction). Take me, please.
March 15th, 2017
Mike is a freelance copywriter in Atlanta, GA. The work on his site is broken out into four categories (Consumer, B2B, Digital & Social Media, Recruiting), plus a page called Marcia & Me (Marcia Brady!), Awards, and Contact. Some cool projects on his Digital page, including NCAA Final Friend for AT&T, which looks fun, but also a possible nightmare—rejecting 63 Facebook friends. Yikes!
March 8th, 2017
Shaton is a freelance copywriter/ACD/experiential designer in NYC. Huge variety of media platforms represented on his Behance site, from Moleskin notebooks to service design to Citi on Apple Watch (above). Is it time for MC to finally pony up for an Apple Watch? Hmm.
March 6th, 2017
Brian is an art director/designer/CD in San Francisco, previously at start-up Madison Reed in SF and DigitasLBi Chicago, Ogilvy Chicago, and Doner Detroit before that. He’s got a beautiful Squarespace site that shows off six brands/projects for Madison Reed, Bumble & Bumble, Dove, Interface, Jim Beam, and BP Stations. Dig it.
March 3rd, 2017
Trey Ho, ACD/Copy at Fuse Interactive in Laguna Beach, CA is on the hunt for a mid-level interactive copywriter. From Fuse: “Fuse Interactive is currently seeking an exceptional Mid-Level Copywriter to join our award-winning team in beautiful Laguna Beach, California.
The ideal candidate has a major passion for writing and advertising, with the ability to adapt a strong voice towards a variety of audiences. He or she is able to hit the ground running, write compelling copy that spans across broadcast, digital, CRM, production, strategy and more. Lastly, he or she is able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, collaborate effectively with a strong team of producers, account managers, project managers and more.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
- Concept and collaborate with an award-winning creative team, including other copywriters, designers, art directors, and programmers.
- Write compelling and grammatically clean long-form web and brochure copy, as well as effective, short-form headlines, taglines and body copy.
- Write in multiple styles, tones and formats that span digital, video and even tech.
- Ensure concepts, tactics and tone are on brand and strategically sound.
- Deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Present work to internal teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of copywriting experience in advertising and/or digital media. Experience creating mass-market advertising materials in an agency environment is a must.
- Familiarity with the world of motorsports is a major advantage, but you don’t have to be an expert (yet).
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks. A positive and proactive attitude, a willingness to take initiative and think ahead.
- A strategic mind. Copywriters at Fuse participate heavily in strategic development prior to execution. Strong strategic thinking is a must.
- Must be able to show innovative and inspiring solutions to marketing challenges across a variety of mediums.
- The ability to collaborate, take constructive criticism and respond positively to feedback.
- A strong desire to build brands, sell products and create award-winning work that you can be proud of.
- A keen marketing sense and an interest in helping develop campaign platforms that can work across multiple channels.”
For more info or to apply, contact Trey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
March 1st, 2017
Ken Dennison, ACD at GKV in Baltimore, is on the hunt for a junior writer. From GKV: “GKV Baltimore is looking for a junior writer with the talent and the nerve to challenge the status quo. You’d be working on digital and social, some long form and maybe some broadcast, for a variety of CPG clients. Must be a strategic thinker and a tireless worker. Egos are welcome, as long as you back it up. If you’re a recent ad school graduate with great student work, we want you. If you’ve been working for a year or two but you’re not growing, we want you. GKV is a fun, collaborative, supportive environment. Unless you’re a Steelers or Yankees fan.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ad School grad or 1-2 years at an agency
- Will pay reasonable moving expenses”
For more info or to apply, email Ken at: email@example.com
Or snail mail to: Ken Dennison ACD, GKV, 1500 Whetstone Way, Baltimore, MD, 21230
February 24th, 2017
Since his last post on MC a little over two years ago (01.26.15), Ben has gone freelance and added a bunch of new work to his site—including “Amanda Cerny 19th Century Striptease” for Smith & Forge Hard Cider (above). Nice. Ben also does VO work, including national TV campaigns for Old Dominion, McDonald’s, and 24 Hour Fitness. Time for an update!
February 22nd, 2017
Taylor is soon to be a freelance senior copywriter in Los Angeles (moving March 8th), previously at Maxwell in Boulder where she was lead writer on accounts including Justin’s, Cobram Estate, and P.J. Clark’s. Lots of super positive vibes running throughout the projects in Taylor’s portfolio. The world can use a little more of that right about now. Dig it.
February 20th, 2017
Kenny Kim, VP of Marketing at NatureBox in Northern California (and good friend of MC), is on the hunt for a creative director/designer/art director to help them dominate the delicious snacking universe. From NatureBox: “We’re looking for a Creative Director to oversee our internal creative team, external creative agencies, freelancers, and the entire creative process at NatureBox. We need a leader, a mentor, and overall creative genius. Working with the VP of Marketing, this person will play a key role in the evolution of the NatureBox brand, guide our internal creative team to greatness, and direct compelling and memorable design campaigns that solve our business- as well as our creative-goals. S/he will be a proven people leader with expertise in all aspects of graphic and interactive design. The Creative Director oversees creative needs for the Acquisition, Product, Retail, Engineering and Customer Service teams across all marketing channels including, but not limited to, the website, packaging, in-store collateral, advertising, social media, print, and content.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with the VP of Marketing to drive the overall creative direction for the NatureBox brand.
- Lead creation of all online, offline, and retail marketing efforts (e.g. packaging, digital advertising and social media, print advertising, video, content etc).
- Manage, and mentor the internal creative team.
- Serve as a strong, collaborative partner to our external agency partners and freelancer network, managing process, work, budgets and personnel.
- Collaborate closely with VP of Marketing, Product and Engineering on design elements of the member experience (e.g. website, iPhone app, etc).
- Set product and brand photography direction and provide creative direction on all internal and external photoshoots (both still and video).
- Help ensure consistency across all creative executions.
- Direct the creative function ensuring that the team, culture, capabilities, tools and processes support NatureBox’s strategic objectives and brand.
- Establish scalable creative development and review process, to ensure that the creative team operates in a highly efficient manner while maintaining the highest quality standards.
- Manage the evolution of the team’s technology needs, developing streamlined systems to manage workflow and leveraging external tools when necessary.
- Drive continual improvement in NatureBox’s creative quality, thinking and capabilities.
- Champion innovation by introducing new ideas and stimulation to the team.
- Develop strong relationships within Marketing and across the organization.
- Estimate, flight and manage annual design and photography budget.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelors of Graphic Design or Fine Arts; additional business degree preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of managerial experience in a design or art department, 3-4 years of relevant consumer brand experience preferred.
- Exceptional aesthetic sense and intuitive understanding of design principles.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work with senior level executives.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to link creative to revenue-driving behavior.
- Significant experience art directing photo and video shoots.
- Project management experience in a design environment.
- Exposure to design team tools like web request system, project archival systems, etc.
- Strong communication/organizational/presentation skills are a must.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams. Ability to respond quickly to multiple projects and superb time management skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign as well as basic office and organizational software.
- Experience in food a plus
To learn more or to apply, click here: linkedin.com/jobs/view/239178125
February 17th, 2017
Clique is on the hunt for a bunch of freelance tech copywriters. From Clique: “The Clique Team is looking for multiple freelance copywriters with experience writing about Technology, knowledge of Voice Tech is a plus. Ability to source subjects, craft copy, and develop hooks are a must. The copywriters’ primary focus will be writing and editing multiple stories per week to meet the demands of the Clique team’s content calendar.
- Complete four, 500 word articles per week for posting on Clique web properties.
- Source pertinent subjects for articles and blog posts.
- Receive and respond to edits from the Clique team.
- Meet demands of Clique team’s content calendar.
To apply, submit your portfolio to the Clique team directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Clique: Clique is the comprehensive cloud-based enterprise CPaaS API that gives one the ability to make voice calls or send text messages directly from any application. Clique enables large enterprises and applications to make phone calls and send/receive text messages with ease to improve user experiences, no matter where in the world the customer is located. High volume communication enterprises such as Federal Express, The Hartford, Staples, and Wilmer Hale use Clique to connect millions of minutes per day of calls. Clique generates recurring revenue in two ways: per minute and via subscription. Clique is an Equal-Opportunity Employer.
**To all recruitment agencies:** Clique does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Clique employees or any other company location. Clique is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.”
February 15th, 2017
David is a freelance copywriter/ACD/stand-up comedian in San Francisco. Since his last post on MC (11.06.13), David has focused on comedy and comedy projects—and his site totally reflects that. Which is both awesome and once again proves MC’s theory that drummers, surfers and comedians make great copywriters. Killer projects up and down his site, but don’t miss his first link, Stand-Up Comedy. So funny.
February 9th, 2017
Dina Mande, a director at Juice Media, is on the hunt for freelance copywriters (can be located anywhere). From Dina: “Director with small production company on the hunt for copywriters to collaborate with to create some beautiful, memorable, heart-tugging, emotional storytelling spec spots. These could be new spots written or unproduced ideas you have laying around and I’m open to dialogue, talking at camera or voiceover ideas. I’m open to types of brands, although food, health and pharma would be a great fit for my reel.
Spots will be directed by me, through my company and I’d like it to be an involved, collaborative process. You will have a full res copy for your reel as well.
Although this is spec work, I’m willing to pay for each script that I shoot.
Interested? Please send intro email with contact info and links to current relevant work.”
Email Dina at: email@example.com
To learn more about Dina Mande and Juice Media, click here
February 8th, 2017
Lars Meiner, HR/Recruiter at Laughlin Constable, is on the hunt for a social copywriter to join their team in Chicago. From Lars: “Our creative department in Chicago is looking for a copywriter who knows how to live, breathe and speak social. Being able to craft copy, come up with conceptual hooks and writing til your hand falls off are a given. But we’re also looking for someone who understands their way around a content calendar. Working with and understanding social strategy gets a little star by your name. This candidate’s primary focus will be writing and concepting on a variety of our clients social platforms. However, we’ll find opportunities for you to apply your craft in other areas.
- Developing fresh content, stories, blogs, and social media posts for our client’s web properties.
- Editing and proof reading content for yourself and the team.
- Research and source materials for your content, avoiding plagiarism.
- Assure that content is user-friendly, relevant, and optimized.
- Manage and upload content to a variety of websites and platforms.
- Work with the appropriate teams to moderate user-generated content and discussions as part of our content channels.
- Keeps up-to-date with best practices in writing for the web, social media trends, web usability, web design and business/industry trends
- Aid in developing communications, content, and social media marketing plans.
- Copyedits and proof reads articles and other web content
- Applying creativity to every aspect of your job
- Pushing and challenging the client and coworkers to take the content we create to Next.
- Bring an energy that makes everyone jealous.
- Must have a portfolio that represents the work you’ve created.
To apply, contact Lars directly at: Lmeiner@laughlin.com
February 6th, 2017
Reagan is a senior copywriter/ACD in New York. So many killer projects on her site. Peyton Manning for DIRECTV, “Never Again” for PIXMA, Nexcare Nana vs. Car Wash, and the one and only MC Hammer for Command Hooks (above). Dig it!
January 31st, 2017
Scott is a freelance copywriter/editor/creative director in Denver. His portfolio is a mix of words, ideas, art, and design—most of it aimed at making the world a better place. And that, my friends, is what the world needs a whole lot of right now. More Scott Kirkwood, please.